Rust on sill and door - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Lee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-09-15, 06:34 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rust on sill and door

Hi, just bought my daughter a 107(2006) sadly didn't notice rust on the sill on the passenger side , mainly underneath, just lipping around the side. There is also a thin band of bubbles along the bottom of the door. I took it to a body shop who say it's been badly repaired at some point, thus causing these issues. Wondered the best way to try and deal with myself to prevent it getting worse. I was thinking of rubbing down the sill and treating with rust agent, then spraying with a stone chip shield ? Not sure about tackling the door as some bubbles are going up the hinge side edge.....any advise , techniques, products etc to use would be appreciated...thanks for reading 😄
Jonny1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-09-15, 05:50 PM   #2

I wouldn't worry to much about the door for now as that is an easy to replace bolt on panel.
If worse comes to worse you just keep an eye on Ebay / cars breaking as a suitable door in the correct colour will pop up sooner or later, a bit of rust on a door doesn't stop a car working or worry the mot tester.

How visible is the rust on the sill if your standing looking towards that side of the car?

Any chance of a picture?
Jonny1969 likes this.
Mr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-09-15, 09:34 AM   #3
Inactive User

thank's for the reply, I've taken it to a local bodyshop who are going to sort it for me, but thank's for your time all the same
Jonny1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-09-15, 03:33 PM   #4

If the car is a keeper - it might be an idea to get some cavity wax in there once the repair has been carried out to protect it in the future.

Last time I looked under one of theses there was an overkill of rubber bungs along the bottom edge of the sills so getting cavity wax in to the sills shouldn't be difficult.

Dinitrol with the long extension tube
Mr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in