Rear Passenger Side Window Smashed - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jagn
  • 1 Post By storeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-14, 09:27 AM   #1
Inactive User

Question Rear Passenger Side Window Smashed

Hi

I have searched before asking - honest! Some sod put a hammer through my lad's window yesterday - no other damage, and nothing taken - just a hammer sized hole. Unfortunately, due to the exuberant cost of insurance, we didn't take windscreen insurance cover ( it won't happen to us! ). So...Autoglass quoting 145+. I can get a replacement window from a breakers yard, delivered, for 40. Any idea what I need to do? I'm fairly handy, do all the servicing, break discs, pads etc., so not scared and fairly capable - but have no clue what I need to do to a) remove the old glass and b) replace it. It seems as though it is just glued to a rubber seal ( which seems to be glued to the car ) - or is that 'seal' the bond itself? Any hints /tips?

Cheers

Malcolm
angel1058 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-14, 03:50 PM   #2

Get it done by one of the many auto glass firms. Those guys make it look easy but that's because they know what they are doing and have all the right kit. Even garages get them in to replace bonded windows. Long gone are the days when two people armed with a length of string, a squirty bottle with soapy water and a rubber mallet could replace a windscreen in around 20 minutes. I doubt windscreen cover would have covered the side glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-14, 04:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Get it done by one of the many auto glass firms. Those guys make it look easy but that's because they know what they are doing and have all the right kit. Even garages get them in to replace bonded windows. Long gone are the days when two people armed with a length of string, a squirty bottle with soapy water and a rubber mallet could replace a windscreen in around 20 minutes. I doubt windscreen cover would have covered the side glass.
Showing your Age a bit there
I had a broken screen & no Insurance cover for it I told the company It was a private Job and a receipt was not required

I got a new windscreen fitted a lot cheaper than the Advertised price
Worth a try for just a side window
storeman likes this.

Old 02-08-14, 04:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagn View Post
Showing your Age a bit there
So are you - knowing exactly what I meant
Jagn likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in