Peugeot 107?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CAB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-16, 09:11 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 107??

Hi,
I need some help PLEASE... my 107 just failed it's M.O.T this Saturday and all it failed on was exhaust emissions and the Lambda reading, all I was told by the very helpful M.O.T bloke at Halfords was its one of three things, either any one of two sensors or the cat? bring it in and we will do the work!!! yeah do I really look stupid??
I have located the sensor at the front of the engine, just as you open the bonnet but I understand that there is another one before or after the cat? can anyone tell me any thing about this one? or maybe post a picture?
I have also been trying to find these sensors online, some range from the very expensive to the stupidly cheap, I have found a few Bosch ones for about the £80 each mark would this sound about right for these sensors??
Thanks to everyone who reads this, please I have only until Wednesday 13th April to sort this out as m.o.t runs out completely.
John.
johnmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-16, 08:25 AM   #2

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 11-04-16, 10:44 AM   #3

The law regarding MOT failures has changed. If your car fails the test you may not drive it until it has passed, even if the old certificate hasn't expired. You may of course drive it to a pre-arranged MOT test but apart from that you are technically driving an unroadworthy vehicle and you may be prosecuted. Look here:

Can you drive your car after an MOT fail if the old test hasn't expired?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot

Last edited by mooi1uk; 11-04-16 at 10:46 AM.
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-16, 12:24 PM   #4
CAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooi1uk View Post
The law regarding MOT failures has changed. If your car fails the test you may not drive it until it has passed, even if the old certificate hasn't expired.
That's not the case, they changed the rules again. Even the link you put has an update on it.
From gov website:

Driving a vehicle that’s failed

You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/after-the-test
mooi1uk likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-16, 01:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAB View Post
That's not the case, they changed the rules again. Even the link you put has an update on it.
From gov website:

Driving a vehicle that’s failed

You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.

https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/after-the-test
Thank you CAB for pointing that out. The way I read it now is you can take your vehicle away but you cannot drive it after that unless you are taking it to be repaired or you are going to a pre-arranged retest even though the certificate may still have time to run. Is that right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot

Last edited by mooi1uk; 11-04-16 at 01:08 PM.
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-16, 01:20 PM   #6
CAB

Trouble is it's such a vague statement:

You can take your vehicle away.

Doesn't say you can or can't drive it.

If it wasn't a serious/dangerous fail I'd continue to drive it, after all your mot is only good for the day it actually passes.

Last edited by CAB; 11-04-16 at 01:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-16, 04:36 PM   #7

Update: February 2016

Since running this story, the DVSA has updated its website again – to say the complete opposite of what it originally said.
It now states: “You can take your vehicle away if your MOT certificate is still valid.”
Beware, though – if you do drive your car away it is technically unroadworthy. If you were to be caught driving a dangerous vehicle, you could be prosecuted – and you definitely can’t plead ignorance if you have an MoT fail sheet informing you of this.

The second statement basically says drive at your own risk. With so many police cars with number plate recognition and a link to all the databases you would likely be pulled over for driving an unroadworthy vehicle.

A local independent told me that if you took the car in early and it failed on something minor he would delay putting in the failure. However if it was something like steering, brakes or suspension or anything else that affected road safety he would immediately enter the details and if you insisted on taking the car it was your risk.

Many places over a Pre-mot so if they found something that would result in a failure you would have up to the expiry of the old certificate to get it sorted and tested. As it isn't technically an MOT test there is no need to issue a failure certificate.

storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in