Oil Change - Do I need to raise car ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-13, 09:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Oil Change - Do I need to raise car ?

Ive read the minor service guide on here, which seems pretty straight forwards -although its years since I tinkered with cars as a teenager ! - but I take laptops to bits - so I am hopeful an oil change won't phase me......

One bad memory I have was trying to get my mini van up on ramps, and I don't like axle stands either......

Can I change the oil on a 107 without elevating the car ?
kingrollo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-13, 06:42 AM   #2
chopper1192

yes...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-13, 11:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrollo View Post
Ive read the minor service guide on here, which seems pretty straight forwards -although its years since I tinkered with cars as a teenager ! - but I take laptops to bits - so I am hopeful an oil change won't phase me......

One bad memory I have was trying to get my mini van up on ramps, and I don't like axle stands either......

Can I change the oil on a 107 without elevating the car ?

You will have to lift the front of your car on good quality jack stands (one on each side with chocked rear wheels. Apply handbrakes to rear wheels for extra safety.) and then you are good to go. The bolt and the filter is very near the front edge of the car. Lift one side at a time and apply the jack stand as per your instruction book. It is quite stable. (I had my Aygo on 4 jack stands lifted above the ground to spray anti-rust paint under and I never felt insecure. I crawled 3 times in and out of that place). Don't forget a new washer for the oil change bolt, a new filter, 3,1 lit of motor oil (Toyota Aygo recommends 5w-30 Toyota original oil) and a oil drain pan, a spanner to loosen the bolt and a grip to loosen the filter. Don't forget to apply some new oil to the gasket in the new filter. Here is a video for you. Good luck.

Last edited by raj55; 05-01-15 at 04:30 PM.
raj55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-13, 12:29 PM   #4

just read through Choppers description of minor service and found it to be very detailed and nice. My Aygo was serviced by Toyota quite recently (major service ) and that included brake fluid and air filter change and code read outs in addition to what Chopper mentions and that covers the major service! This must be one of the easiest vehicle to service! I have been forced to get it done at Toyota because of warranty issues, other wise it would have been a joy to do it myself.
raj55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in