No Start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-14, 06:48 AM   #1
Inactive User

Unhappy No Start

Hi

Wife's 107 brought home on a breakdown truck last night. Car started ok she drove it about 2 miles engine dies no lights on instrument unit. Car is bump started and starts ok, breakdown company arrive and say it is the starter motor. Have tried to start it but all I get is the lights on the instrument unit but will not start, it smells in the engine compartment were the starter motor is, could it be the starter motor or the ignition barrel, she did say when she started the car it was making a whining noise. My thoughts are the ignition barrel may have stuck and the starter motor kept running until it flattened the battery but then why is the battery showing 12 volts? Or could it be the solenoid?

Help please.
connollyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-09-14, 06:58 AM   #2
Ginger Magic

Its possible that the starter motor got stuck in the 'engaged' position, so driving the car forced the starter to go too fast, then fail.
Does the car bump start okay? Not that you/wife should drive it too far 'if' the starter is stuck.

I'm only suggesting this as I has a similar incident with a works Maestro van a few years back where the ignition barrel was sticky and I didn't turn the key back to the number 2 position before driving off and the van broke down, no dash lights or anything - the starter was still engaged whilst thrashing down the by-pass...

The battery was fine, but the starter has a big cable live and earth feeds, which made the wiring go funny when I was breaking down, the van that is, not me...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-09-14, 09:48 AM   #3

Ignition barrel the cause starter the casualty as above your starter is burnt out you need to replace the starter to get it going again check the main power cable too as it may be weakened.

Once that is done it will start but you need to test the ignition switch for sticking or it may happen again
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in