New driver car lock and key problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-02-18, 03:27 PM   #1

Default New driver car lock and key problem

Hi everyone, I am new here so please bear with me I have read rules and hope that I have got them okay. I have recently passed my test and bought a 107 reg Sg56 *** 98,000 miles. I got two keys with it and took my disabled mum shopping the other the day the fob broke and they keys I had didn't fit the barrel. The rac came out and after trying to get in and failing with the hooking the lock broke the barrel of the front lock to get in. Now I can drive the car fine but can't lock it. The fob was the only thing that done that and it's totally fecked I sent it away to a place I found online and they couldn't fix it. Any ideas??? Would be greatly appreciated, I seen somewhere that someone asked Peugeot for a quote how can I go about this? I have been trying scrappys but no help there. ?? the local garage said if I can get the part they will fit it for 100 is this about right? Sorry for all the questions my mot is in 3 weeks and was told I need this fixed as it will have to be marked down and may affect my insurance eek ?
Mgallacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-02-18, 05:26 PM   #2

You may be able to use this if you swap chip etc in existing key

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/107-peuge...QAAOSwaeFaiGsM
Old 20-02-18, 05:42 PM   #3

Thanks have emailed the seller to see if they would post as I live in Largs Scotland. I really appreciate your help ?

Old 20-02-18, 05:59 PM   #4

i can supply and build a new door lock to match your key including postage for 65
Old 21-02-18, 09:35 AM   #5

Is that a lock barrel and fob key that I can put my key that starts the car on it? Or a barrel and a new key that's manual? I can't seem to pm you ? Sorry I am blonde ??
Old 21-02-18, 05:19 PM   #6

You need to up your post count to be able to send a pm. This is in place to prevent bots from sending spam emails to all and sundry.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...fore-pm-72601/

Also, read the forum FAQ/rules, will point you in the right direction for posting etc.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-02-18, 03:21 PM   #7

How can I contact you with regards purchasing this? Is it with a remote central locking key? Thanks
Old 22-02-18, 04:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgallacher View Post
How can I contact you with regards purchasing this? Is it with a remote central locking key? Thanks
its with no key its just a new lock built to match the key you have
Old 24-02-18, 09:44 PM   #9

I won the eBay auction so am just waiting on getting the key and barrel they said thy would post which is fab thanks so much for the help!!! I will let you know how much it was to fix so others can have a rough idea if it happens to them. Thanks again everyone ???
Old 28-02-18, 05:12 PM   #10

If I have read i t right, you've got a broken key fob (but the blade is fine) & the front door lock barrel is broken.

You might be able to get the used ebay lock reprofiled to your key by a locksmith (not your timpsons type but an actual locksmith). Usually costs about 5-10 to get it reprofiled, so one key will operate all locks.

Then swap the blade from the old key over to the new fob - locksmith should be able to do that too. You'll have to fit the lock yourself or find a mechanic.

Had this issue with my old car when thieves kept breaking in by breaking the lock barrel. Got quite friendly with the locksmith by the end of it all

Whichever mechanic you were talking to about the MOT - no, the door has to shut properly and be able to be open from the inside and outside. The lock itself doesn't need to work to pass the MOT. Insurance, they wouldn't pay out if you left it unlocked and someone stole it but if someone rear ended you, they would as the lock has no bearing on the claim.

Last edited by BiGK; 28-02-18 at 05:14 PM.
BiGK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in