External door handle replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-02-19, 11:19 AM   #1

Default External door handle replacement

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the external driver's door handle and replace it with a new one? I have already bought a new one on-line and sprayed it the original colour but I cannot figure out how to replace it. I have taken off the interior door panel hoping that may be the way to do it but it does not look like that is right as the door handle is more inside the door. I have also looked for help videos online but still no joy. Any suggestions please or is it going to be more of a specialized job? Thanks
Markscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-02-19, 08:11 AM   #2

Default Door handle removal.

The L shaped lug on the door handle engages with a nylon lever which transfers the movement to another nylon lever which trips the release arm on the lock. You need to slide the nylon section forward against spring tension and while holding it forward pull the handle out, the front of the handle will also disengage from the pivot point. There is a notch on the nylon section that will hold it forward while you remove and replace the handle.
bluntwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-02-19, 12:24 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply although I am still struggling to remove it. I can see by pulling the handle downwards the L shaped lug looks like it has to come out but this is proving a little tricky as the bottom part of the handle does not seem to move. I may be wrong, but I am guessing that I have to perhaps remove 2 screws first that are holding the handle in place?

If that was the case then it would not be such a problem except for the fact that I am unable to get to such screws, if they do exist. Where I am guessing are the screw heads there is a small metal plate covering them which I am unable to get off, the only way possible seems to be inserting a narrow screwdriver under the metal plate and prizing it off which is easier said than done!

However, I am a bit baffled as the replacement handle I have bought is not quite like the original as it does not have these metal plates on it. Indeed, there are 2 screws that are jutting out from below the handle but they seem to be fixed to the rest of the handle and does not seem like there is a way to screw them in. I have attached a picture of the original handle showing the metal plate and the handle that I have bought. I am sure it cannot be this complicated!

20190220_124816.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
20190220_124949.jpg  
Markscar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 20-02-19, 08:38 PM   #4

Default Doorhandle removal.

Sorry that is a different handle to what I thought. I described the method for a model 307.
bluntwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in