engine for sale - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-11-12, 07:13 PM   #1
Banned

Default engine for sale

I know this may be in the wrong place for sale, but i thought id mention it here in the 107 forum, then put the advert in the for sale section.
I have a brand new 107/C1/Aygo engine, delivery miles only complete with everything, Interested?
Go to the for sale section
[email protected]
hannahman58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-11-12, 07:58 PM   #2
chopper1192

They crop up on eBay regularly and cheaply. The company that makes the C1 Evie electric car keeps tinkerers sorted with a moderate supply.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-11-12, 08:42 PM   #3
Banned

the breakdown of the parts if you strip the engine down runs into hundreds of pounds, no problem if no ones interested, ill just keep an eye out for a 107/C1/Aygo with a knackered engine.

Old 17-11-12, 11:15 AM   #4
chopper1192

They're tough, reliable engines, and I know of several well North of 150k miles, so you'll have to look hard and long to find a Citybug in need of a new motor or major engine components.

It may well be worth more in parts, but with the above mentioned firm being a regular supplier if 3 mile old engines for 500, what little market that does exist is already pretty well seen up.

Just out of interest, what's the provenance? What is 'delivery' miles? What year of car and how did you come by it? I'm a major player in Citybug circles (I'm senior club staff for the Worlds biggest Citybug club, 07 Series Registrar for CPUK, and multiple 'bug owner including a multi concours and award winning modified version) so ill keep my ear to the ground.
Old 17-11-12, 12:22 PM   #5
Banned

They advertised on ebay over a year ago, i was looking for a clutch for ours at about 96, seen these for sale, told a few mates who also had the same cars as me, and we they went down and bought 4 engines.
The guy had about 20 on a pallet, the cars were being stripped in one department and pushed through to be modified for the conversion, all cars were as you would expect from a showroom, they are sold as brand new cars.
The speedo on all the cars they viewed did not exceed 15 miles, some had zero.
How would i prove it was zero miles? You would just have to look at the engine to know its never seen the road, its as simple as that.
I thought there may be a market now, a year on as i didnt really think the electric C1 would take off due to the price, and thought supply would drop off, or some engine re manufacture would have stepped in and agreed to buy the lot.
As it stands, its under my work bench, and i look on ebay for suitable cars (Ideal flood damage!)
Ive tried to sell the ecu separately without luck, but its all here should anyone want one
Old 17-11-12, 04:09 PM   #6
chopper1192

Yeah, the C1 Evie is going slow but steady, and that's still where most engines are from.

Try also the Aygo Owners club and C1OC, though I don't know anyone in either that needs a motor. The same motor is used in the 1.0 Yaris so may give you another possible outlet.

Forget the Daihatsu Sirion, Subaru Justy, Toyota iQ etc. it's the same basic engine but they differ enough in detail that the KR1-FE can't swapped straight in without varying degrees of work. In the iQs case the cam profiles are also different, so getting it all working and sensors talking and agreeing with each other is a job for a physicist, not a mechanic .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in