engine noise - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-16, 06:47 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default engine noise

Hi all , I am wondering if anyone on here has come across this noise before and more importantly if you know what the cause may be , it is a strange , almost fluttering noise when under load which is worse when cold and gets better as it warms up after say 5 miles but is still there when warm .
I have tried to record it but the results were poor but after some trawling the internet I have found a video clip on you tube of someone else who has had the same problem who made a better job of filming it
if you have any ideas I would really appreciate it

the clip is called 'Peugeot 107 2005 1.0 petrol, ticking noise, help!' , I cant put a link on as my post count is too low since I have only just joined

This is exactly what my car is doing , it isn't to do with the clutch as this has been replaced and the cat is fine , I have had the alternator belt off and the water pump feels fine when rotated by hand and I have changed the oil twice using two different grades of oil to check if it made any difference but nothing .
frodge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-16, 10:52 AM   #2

The video sound isn't great on my phone, it sounds like a tractor as I'm listening to it!!

Have you checked the injectors, plugs etc?
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-16, 11:25 AM   #3
Inactive User

the plugs looked fine when I had them out to do the compression test , which incidentally was good with all 3 cylinders being almost the same , I don't know what I can do to the injectors to test them , but would the noise not be there all the time if it was plugs and / or injectors?

Old 12-09-16, 11:28 AM   #4
Inactive User

I was starting to lean towards it either being timing related ie tensioner or guide or even chain stretch or some sort of leak on the intake side
Old 06-10-16, 08:01 PM   #5
Inactive User

HI all.
New member here with exactly the same noise on a Citroen C1.

Any ideas? It's driving me mad.

Thanks

mccrackenj
mccrackenj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-16, 07:56 PM   #6
Inactive User

Hi everyone

I have tried to email the OP about this, but I can't pm them as I'm new here and I don't want to make 20 unnecessary posts just so that I can do that.

Would any kind soul be able to pm him on my behalf and ask if he's got anywhere with this noise?

Thanks

John McC
mccrackenj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in