The bracket on the backbox - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gibbo
  • 2 Post By chopper1192
  • 1 Post By pr1vatepiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-13, 02:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default The bracket on the backbox

Hi folks

It's my first post here so be nice

Basically , the bracket on the backbox of my 107 broke off a few days ago .

For the time being , as temp solution the carabiner clip was used .

As I was searching for a perm solution ,made a few phone calls and was told that that the bracket comes attached to the backbox and I'll have to buy new backbox.

Seems a bit much having to change the whole lot for the sake of a bracket.

I would appreciate an advise .

Cheers

Jarren
Attached Thumbnails
20130330_142030.jpg  
jarren1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-03-13, 10:57 AM   #2

The 307 is the same - a metal strap which comes as part of the back box.

I have seen some aftermarket ones on Ebay in the past.
jarren1976 likes this.
Old 31-03-13, 06:26 PM   #3
chopper1192

I wouldn't bother poncing around with it. The exhaust looks likes its starting to rot and its likely to rot from the inside out before long. With a new rear box costing under 40 it doesn't seem worth the brain power. If by some fluke tyre near meni got a full original exhaust, 4000 miles and 10 months old yu could have cheap.

A lot of 107 owners go full stainless systems from the likes of MIJ or piper to avoid all this unpleasantness for good.
davidireland and jarren1976 like this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-13, 06:28 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
I wouldn't bother poncing around with it. The exhaust looks likes its starting to rot and its likely to rot from the inside out before long. With a new rear box costing under 40 it doesn't seem worth the brain power. If by some fluke tyre near meni got a full original exhaust, 4000 miles and 10 months old yu could have cheap.

A lot of 107 owners go full stainless systems from the likes of MIJ or piper to avoid all this unpleasantness for good.
True

If the backbox is under 40 it is valid point .

Where I'm based the cheapest would cost 90 -110 so it may put the things into perspective a little bit .

Local mechanic recommended this bracket

Universal Strap Exhaust Back Box Bracket Round Hanger Muffler Silencer Mount 6": Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools Universal Strap Exhaust Back Box Bracket Round Hanger Muffler Silencer Mount 6": Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Once I get that fitted ,will report back .

Thanks lads
jarren1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-13, 10:02 AM   #5
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarren1976 View Post
True

If the backbox is under 40 it is valid point .

Where I'm based the cheapest would cost 90 -110 so it may put the things into perspective a little bit .

Local mechanic recommended this bracket

Universal Strap Exhaust Back Box Bracket Round Hanger Muffler Silencer Mount 6": Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Once I get that fitted ,will report back .

Thanks lads
Check eurocarparts. Mine needs doing on 307 soon, euro have up to 50% off parts and i got mine dirt cheap.
jarren1976 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-02-17, 03:52 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Bracket on Peugeot 107 rear exhaust

My right hand bracket broke off last week I fixed it with no more nails on the weld where the bracket broke off and a jubilee clip to hold it in place and it only cost me a few quid no more nails has hardened and it has done the job
Rich12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-07-17, 10:38 AM   #7
Inactive User

Smile Peugeot 107 back box exhaust

Hi,the bracket on the right hand side of the rear exhaust broke off some time ago(common problem)I had it wired up to hold it in place.
No garages will weld the bracket back on could not believe that,a back box will normally cost about 70/80,I got a stainless Steel one on eBay with new clamp and rubbers.
It took me 1/2 hour to take the old one off and put the new one on,used a jack and managed to get the bolt off after soaking it in wd40.
Used oil to get the rubbers on the holders and exhaust seal from halfords to put round the joint and clamp.
All well test drove the car no leak from the clamp,the new exhaust cost me 46.00 with free postage and arrived in two days.
Loddenview14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in