automatic rear lights - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-16, 12:32 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default automatic rear lights

Hi

Ordered the diagnostic cables and diagbox software...

While waiting it came to thought that i might be able to help out mominlaw with a cosmetic issue

Her 107 do have automatic lights at front as its required by law... but that does not include the rear lights.

And for some reason she cant let go that its not required. Its not against the law to have them on all day, so i thought that i must be possible to have both front and rear automatic

Anyone that know or have tried it?
boelle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-16, 04:36 PM   #2

2 Different things the auto front lights are daytime running lights.

You also get auto lights on peugeots that come on automatically when dark.

Both work in different ways.

I agree with you though its silly having front lights on but not rear they may as well just fit everything with auto lights when engine is running
Old 11-05-16, 05:42 PM   #3

Rear lights are not required for day time running lights requirements.

The reason some cars also illuminate the rear lamps is due to there simplified lighting circuit design & to reduce manufacturing cost.
Mr Lee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-16, 05:56 PM   #4

Yes that is correct but it could also be argued that daytime running lights are not required either

I agree with the OP if you have the front lit you may as well have the rear lit too.
trem1 likes this.
Old 11-05-16, 06:40 PM   #5
Inactive User

as i wrote myself rear are not required during the day...

is it not a thing you just program with Diagbox software?

and i'm talking about the 107 specific... 4 year old
Old 11-05-16, 07:22 PM   #6

To be honest NONE are required during the day its the most pointless modern day addition to cars in recent years and should be assigned to the same dustbin as the dim dip system from years ago

No you cant do what you want with diagbox but you will be able to turn the system off completely.
Ginger Magic likes this.
Old 11-05-16, 07:42 PM   #7
Inactive User

at least moninlaw then have that to keep complaining about :-D
Old 12-05-16, 05:38 AM   #8

To be fair, the dim - dip system did stop people driving around just on side lights.

As for the 107 day time running lights, I would guess there just wired to an ignition / engine running controlled relay.

Do they stay on with the dipped headlamps or do they go off?
Mr Lee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-16, 06:45 AM   #9
Inactive User

they go off, against the law to drive with them on at same time as main lights is on

EDIT.... some above have suggested that DRL is not required at all, well it might be true in the UK but in DK they are. Its just the mominlaw that goes on bla bla bla.. Told her many times that rear lights have never been required for DRL, but then she goes but almost everyone have them on since it was required for the fronts, told her it was because it was chaep and simple with a few relays, but still not required.... even after a long and technical explanation she still moans about the rears are not on....

and in these modern days i would assume that you just program the BSI to turn the fronts on but not the rears, would then seem very simple to program it to turn rears on also

Last edited by boelle; 12-05-16 at 08:01 AM.
Old 13-05-16, 07:24 AM   #10

A lot of people in the UK seem to think that the rear lights also illuminate with DRL's. I've lost count of the number of cars on the motorway with no rear lights in the dark. They get in the car, see the front (DRL's) come on and think they are ok and off they go with no rear lights illuminated.

Those people your mother in law says are driving with both front and rear lights on have probably just switched their lights on and never turned them off. The system turns off all the lights when you turn off the ignition and turns them back on next time the engine starts. I do this all the time when starting work early. Leave the house at 5am with lights on, get to work and turn off the ignition which switches off the lights, get back in the car when going home and drive home with dipped headlights and obviously rear lights on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in