Another 107 clutch problem? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-13, 10:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Another 107 clutch problem?

Hi,

Looking for some help. My wife's 107 has now done nearly 80k on the same clutch which sounds ok considering the other stories i have read. It is a '97 so likely to have the 1st type clutch i think but not sure.

Now the last week it has gotten increasingly harder to change gear, any gear that is. Is this the clutch?

And the other problem is that there is a noise present, but when you apply a little pressure to the clutch pedal it dissapears. Is this the clutch release bearing or could this be something else?

Don't want to get just the clutch repaired if it is going to be the bearing as well, as will cost more as two seperate jobs.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Will
will562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-01-13, 08:53 AM   #2
chopper1192

That's a decent mileage of a phase I clutch - a credit to your good ladies driving.

It might respond to an adjustment, but in all likelihood it's simply worn out. Yu get a new release bearing with a clutch kit, so the other problem will likely be solved at the same time.

Make sure you have the later 190mm clutch fitted. Google 'Citybug Store'. The kit they sell is very reasonably priced and is a reliable unit. Get your local Bombsite Motors to fit and and Robert is your Mothers Brother.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-01-13, 06:45 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for your help. Didn't realise the bearing comes with the clutch and the garage i spoke to didn't tell me that. Think we will get the clutch done and hope that solves all the pronlems.

Thanks

Will
will562 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-01-13, 07:15 AM   #4
chopper1192

Sweet, just make sure its a 190mm unit they're fitting.
Old 23-01-13, 09:26 AM   #5
Inactive User

Sorry to hijack the thread - but how would you ensure its a 190mm clutch - the chap who i phoned said it was a japanese modfied clutch kit - he offered to fit it for a very reasonable 288 - another garage quoted 350 - but were aware of the post 2009 clutch
kingrollo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-13, 11:42 AM   #6
chopper1192

A ruler across the friction plate will settle that in a jiff.

Also, if the applications list says it is suitable for the heavier Yaris 1.0 then it will be the 190.

Last edited by chopper1192; 23-01-13 at 11:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in