107 MPG Sweepstake - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-13, 12:27 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 107 MPG Sweepstake

Ive recently purchased a 107 - 2007 model with almost 60k on the clock - its got full service history - I will use it mainly to commute through rush hour traffic in Birmingham, and taking the kids here and there.

Anyway today it bleeped on reserve fuel - and within about 4 miles I filled the tank with 35.30 litres of regular unleaded 45.85. I've reset the trip to zero

The sweepstake therefor is how many miles will be on the trip before it bleeps at me again ?

I'm hoping for 350 !

(Its the xs sport model, which seems to be just a fancy trim - but it does have that twin exhaust)
kingrollo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-01-13, 12:33 PM   #2
chopper1192

The game is played like this - how many miles can you get out of the 1st bar on the fuel gauge? Best I've done is 137, which took some serious effort. There is a lad who's a serious hypermiler in his C1 who's done into the 150s a couple of times.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-01-13, 12:44 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
The game is played like this - how many miles can you get out of the 1st bar on the fuel gauge? Best I've done is 137, which took some serious effort. There is a lad who's a serious hypermiler in his C1 who's done into the 150s a couple of times.
I presume by first bar - you mean after filling up ? - how many gallons approx does the first bar represent ?

Old 27-01-13, 03:35 PM   #4
chopper1192

I don't know for sure as the gauge isn't linear, but i would guess a touch under 2 gallons Imp.
Old 01-02-13, 07:16 AM   #5
Inactive User

Well the first bar beeped at a paltry 86 miles !

Its probably the worst conditions to try and good mileage, cold and almost exclusivley rush hour traffic driving - got admit I was hoping for higher ?

Should I be concerned @ 43mpg ? - or is that within an acceptable range.

I always feel in traffic the car is about to stall, and seems to tick over lumpy -
The service book was last stamped in june 2012
Old 01-02-13, 10:17 AM   #6
chopper1192

I know young hot dogs who drive everywhere like their sphincter is ablaze and they get consumption in the 30's out of a 107. If you're doing short journeys in urban conditions 40s isn't surprising. High 50's low 60's is moral fr mine but I'm doing longer journeys mainly on fast roads.
Old 10-02-13, 11:57 AM   #7
Inactive User

Well it bleeped at me @ 304 miles - just under 40 mpg - but the last half tank I had drove very carefully after reading up on 'hypermiling' -

Given the cold weather and rush hour driving I mainly do, I am hopeful I can get closer to 50mpg - car might need a service as well
Old 13-01-14, 09:39 PM   #8
Inactive User

Constantly getting high 50s from mine.
Andpopse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-14, 01:11 PM   #9
Inactive User

I just filled up and did ~240 miles of motorway driving and worked out I had only got around 46mpg. Very disappointed!
ACJJ619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-15, 08:35 AM   #10
bhp
Inactive User

i am getting around 280 miles on a full tank on a 2012 model, my driving is all local and no motorway driving. That sounds poor?
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in