107 clutch - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-10-13, 10:06 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 107 clutch

Hello all
I have a 09 plate 107 verve reg in march 2009 i have done approx 27800 miles i have had to have a new clutch fitted to day. With all the forums and info on the web I was wondering if this was a normal amount of miles for a clutch to last .I do mainly 50 miles a day motorway driving having spoken to dealer it would seem i have the newer clutch? any answers appreciated.

nav
62 nav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-10-13, 09:49 AM   #2
chopper1192

Yours is a phase II car with the 190mm clutch. This is a robust, trouble free unit, a World apart from the fragile 180mm version in the phase I cars.

It's either been driven for a while in a maladjusted state(18-28mm free play at the pedal end is essential), or poor driving technique has killed it - it's a diddy engine with little torque and most people give them far to many revs off the line.

In short, your car is not one of those years with the weak clutch, and a glance at the old part will tell in a second if it's broken or just worn. If its worn its either poor adjustment or drivers left foot - no other possible cause.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-10-13, 03:46 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default clutch

thanks chopper spoken to garage that replaced clutch and they said the adjuster was solid and probably not been checked by who ever was doing services on car. because it was maladjusted ruined clutch new 190 clutch in and set up right guess where im having next service.this is a good independent garage as i normally use dealers but they wanted 550 cost 250 car running ok

62nav
62 nav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-01-14, 09:29 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 nav View Post
Hello all
I have a 09 plate 107 verve reg in march 2009 i have done approx 27800 miles i have had to have a new clutch fitted to day. With all the forums and info on the web I was wondering if this was a normal amount of miles for a clutch to last .I do mainly 50 miles a day motorway driving having spoken to dealer it would seem i have the newer clutch? any answers appreciated.

nav
The clutch on my 107 started slipping after 16,000 miles [07 plate]. The garage where I had it serviced advised a new one. I'd had the car from new and am a careful driver. I only do about 3,000 miles per year so was a bit disappointed. I complained to Peugeot who agreed to pay for the clutch but not the labour. Clutch was 250 and labour was 250 so I only had to pay half the cost.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-01-14, 04:15 PM   #5
chopper1192

Phase I clutches, such as yours Twink, were known the be problematic. The clutches redesigned from the phase II onwards, and Navs failed because of problem elsewhere.

I'm interested in why people automatically think low mileage = low wear? Unless the vehicle is stored in a climate controlled garage then low mileage = higher wear to friction consumables such as brakes and clutches.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in