107 Brake Master Cylinder - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 107
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-03-19, 10:27 AM   #1

Default 107 Brake Master Cylinder

Dear All,
I've just joined , so hope I am posting correctly. Please tell if I'm not.

I have just replaced the Brake master cylinder on my daughters '59 plate 107.
The symptoms where as follows. When braking sharply the brakes worked ok. When gently braking the peddle travel was excessive, no brakes until the very last moment, quite alarming really ! Apparently this had been getting worse over the last month. I then checked the brake servo, and that appeared ok, so jacked the car up, no engine running and gently applied the brakes, i.e. lots of brake travel. One diagonal, front left / back right, had no braking i.e. I could turn the wheel with virtually no resistance, the other diagonal had resistance, but could just get some movement with a lot of effort.

And here is the point of my post.....

I then went to local motor factors, who I have used for years. They order new brake master cylinder, using the Reg of the car to search there systems. Arrived next day and tried to fit, but it was a mirror image of the one fitted to the car, i.e. the fluid reservoir would not fit on the lugs and the brake pipe outlets were on the wrong side. The motor factors said that was the one listed on a variety of their suppliers as the correct one. Apparently , my daughters car is listed as having ESP stability program, but it appears it doesn't as the alternative brake master cylinder available is for non ESP vehicles. The alternative was ordered, and fitted easily, brakes bled, and all working fine now.

This just a word to the wise, should you need a new brake master cylinder. If possible take it in to motor factors, so they can check the images they can access on their systems looks like your master cylinder.
Hope this is ok.
Thanks
How8441
How8441 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-19, 09:05 PM   #2

Top man, well done, just could not get all the air out after I changed the MC on our 807 and lived with slightly spongy brakes. It did have ESP, think I would try loosening the pipes on the MC with the pedal being depressed if I was doing it again.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in