Timing belt/ water pump - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-17, 08:18 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Timing belt/ water pump

Recent I posted about a whining noise and showed a video but nobody wrote back, so I'll put the video on soon, but I thought it was the alternator, so took the belt off and started it and it was still there , so not the alternator, so got my macanic mate , he had a listen and said it could be the pump or the bearings some where and told me I'm best off getting the full thing including water pump so I'm waiting for a price, let me know guys thanks I'll get that video on
Scott1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-05-17, 03:12 PM   #2

Its got to be the water pump. "Gates" do a full kit,water pump,tensioner pulley and cam belt for about 95-110 ?
The TU engine has to be the simplest cam belt job in the trade.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-05-17, 08:26 PM   #3
Inactive User

Wouldn't let me put a video on pal ^^ erm but if you go on previous post it's on there and my local garage is putting a full time kit on for me tomorrow 130 pound , sound about right the price pal

Old 30-05-17, 09:24 AM   #4
Inactive User

Also can it make the car not idle proply, it's some times starts first time but most it won't, it will start but dies straight after, or it will start but bad idle just wants to cut out, but if I keep reving it and it will stay on but once let foot off some times cuts out, but I've noticed it's like that but then it kicks in like the choke i think it is ? So if this is another problem let me no thanks
Old 30-05-17, 05:07 PM   #5

130 ? blimey that is a good price.Does that include a FULL kit,anti-freeze,auxiliary belt,labour and VAT ?
The idle problem is a separate issue,could be the stepper motor? Mention this to your garage,they will know what it is. May be all it will need is removing,cleaning and an ECU reset.
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-17, 10:33 PM   #6
Inactive User

I will do ye pal I tell them, and I think yeah, I asked how much to do timing kit and pump and he took my reg and said I'll price it up and came back and sed looking at 130 pounds ? I sed what's that for the kit and water pump and fitted and he sed yes,so am guessing full thing but not sure about the antifreeze
Old 02-06-17, 07:18 AM   #7
Inactive User

All sorted fella ? no more whining thank god,, and the car feels like it's drives better then it did; does that sound about right ? To me it feels better driving
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in