Quicksilver/No fuel supply/Electrics prob? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-08-15, 02:19 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Quicksilver/No fuel supply/Electrics prob?

Hi all....any thoughts gratefully received.
Rolled to a halt yesterday, apparently out of fuel.
RAC attended, said no fuel getting through. Guy thumped away at the fuel tank, rocked the car & it then fired up & ticked over roughly for a few seconds.
Diagnosis: Out of fuel & towed home, & as gauge suggested half a tank then it must be sticky/faulty.
Put a gallon in but still not starting.
Only lead that I have.....Usually turning on the ignition is met with that brief clicking/whirring sound. Now there is only a brief click but turning the ignition off again is now met with a bunch of clicking/whirring....sounds like a pc printer setting itself up.
Perhaps it has always done this & I've never noticed it before but it's very noticeable now....& it's definitely not doing its usual stuff when ignition is turned on.
As car has now been towed back on to my drive then the RAC refuse to assist as I don't have home start....& I, being disabled, am at a loss & stuck without a clue.
Thanks in advance of any assistance.
Gill.
gillsimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-08-15, 07:17 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hassled RAC to come again.....fella lifted the rear seats to access fuel pump evidently. Tested it with his multi-meter & said that it's getting the correct electrics but not apparently working. Suggested that I try replacing pump & see if it helps.
That's quite an expensive try for someone on disability benefits & for all that I'd really like to accept the diagnosis, I'm left wondering how likely it is to be correct.
Could anyone comment and/or offer any other possible fault/part to check before blowing all food/gas/electric money on a new pump?
Many thanks.
Gill.
gillsimo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-15, 12:07 PM   #3

Everything you have said points to a faulty Pump.
The fuel gauge sender and pump are all one unit.You have an incorrect fuel gauge and its not pumping fuel,the electrical feed to the pump is correct,looks like a pump to me.
Try GSF or Euro car parts,they can supply a quality O/E pump for a lot less than a Peugeot Dealer.Also it will be the correct part off the shelf,rather than taking a chance with cheapo Ebay stuff .
Old Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in