Peugeot 106 Problem - Suggestions Welcome! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By reliable406
  • 1 Post By empleh987

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-17, 01:35 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Question Peugeot 106 Problem - Suggestions Welcome!

Hi All,

I have a 1997 Peugeot 106 1.1 petrol. It's a Bosch MA3.1 monopoint injection and I am having a world of bother with it!

Some backstory. I'd been having some stalling issues at idle, which developed into loosing power under acceleration and in between gear changes. The idle itself became rough and sometimes would idle very high indeed.

In the past month or so I have changed the coil, spark plugs, ICV, HT leads, the oxygen sensor and the coolant temperature sensor.

It drives fine for a while but problems eventually return... While stationary, If you press the accelerator a little, the revs jump up and down and will eventually stall. Makes driving the thing difficult. (I've filmed this but can't post the link yet)

I can't work out what the problem is - any help will be very much appreciated!
empleh987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-17, 01:39 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Default

Idle step motor worked for me

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 3S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
uncle_nontas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-17, 01:47 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_nontas View Post
Idle step motor worked for me
I thought so too - but I've changed that and the issue is still there...
empleh987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-17, 01:49 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Default

After idle motor change, did you have the CPU reprogrammed? Otherwise there is a possibility of malfunction!

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 3S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
uncle_nontas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-17, 01:51 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_nontas View Post
After idle motor change, did you have the CPU reprogrammed? Otherwise there is a possibility of malfunction!

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 3S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I reset the ECU - is there a special procedure I'm unaware of?
empleh987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-17, 01:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: falkirk
Posts: 13,928
Default

The joint between the throttle body assembly and the manifold on some was a rubber mounting gasket bonded to metal i seem to remember they would burst in the middle making it draw air.
lammcl likes this.
__________________
assume nothing check everything twice !!
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-17, 01:52 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
Default

What I have done is exactly the same,so I can't help you furthermore

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 3S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
uncle_nontas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-17, 01:58 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
The joint between the throttle body assembly and the manifold on some was a rubber mounting gasket bonded to metal i seem to remember they would burst in the middle making it draw air.
Hmm.. that one might be worth a look.
lammcl likes this.
empleh987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-01-18, 12:39 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by empleh987 View Post
Hi All,

I have a 1997 Peugeot 106 1.1 petrol. It's a Bosch MA3.1 monopoint injection and I am having a world of bother with it!

Some backstory. I'd been having some stalling issues at idle, which developed into loosing power under acceleration and in between gear changes. The idle itself became rough and sometimes would idle very high indeed.

In the past month or so I have changed the coil, spark plugs, ICV, HT leads, the oxygen sensor and the coolant temperature sensor.

It drives fine for a while but problems eventually return... While stationary, If you press the accelerator a little, the revs jump up and down and will eventually stall. Makes driving the thing difficult. (I've filmed this but can't post the link yet)

I can't work out what the problem is - any help will be very much appreciated!
Hi,
if you spray some wd-40 etc at the rear of the engine,
and see if it revs higher
it could be an air leak...like what I had.
Good luck
lammcl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.