Peugeot 106 1.1 extra time 1997 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-01-17, 02:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Peugeot 106 1.1 extra time 1997

I bought this car and was told when buying it that it would not be power steering because of its age so I was like ok fair enough so was hard steering but got home and had a good check and guess what there's a power steering pump bud there's no beltcso I'm guessing electric steering. But big question is whys it so stiff there's no noise or sqweeking I've checked the fuse and that's ok but what could it be let me know thanks
Scottlamb92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-01-17, 03:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottlamb92 View Post
I bought this car and was told when buying it that it would not be power steering because of its age so I was like ok fair enough so was hard steering but got home and had a good check and guess what there's a power steering pump bud there's no beltcso I'm guessing electric steering. But big question is whys it so stiff there's no noise or sqweeking I've checked the fuse and that's ok but what could it be let me know thanks
Could be anything. lack of fluid (not sure if electric PS has fluid?) Dodgy wiring, bad steering rack. If its electronic then its likely to be connected to an ecu or control unit. First step I would suggest is plug it in to planet and see if there are any error codes.

Planet Map

Last edited by commandosqk; 17-01-17 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added Link
commandosqk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-17, 03:16 PM   #3
Inactive User

Yes mate it has the fluid and it looks fine and I cant not as not got the money for it done

Old 17-01-17, 03:18 PM   #4

oh boy I must be bored...lol....having a quick search on egay for a 106/saxo power steering pump I have found a couple of electric ones...so...im sure yours is electric so yes to Commando, could be an electical fault..
commandosqk likes this.
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-17, 03:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes mate it has the fluid and it looks fine and I cant not as not got the money for it done
the planet map is a list of members with Peugeot planet diagnostic. Its a very good tool specifically for Peugeot to diagnose problems. A lot of members will do it for nothing, some for beer tokens and some for the cost of the fuel. The only way you can find out is to ask members that are close to you. Hence the planet map.
Old 17-01-17, 03:21 PM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks and I know nothing about cars hahs only just passed my test and hopefully be on the road Tuesday and I changed the fuse with the spare one and still same but at times if I go fast to the left it's hardish at first and then fast turning right it eaesxa bit but that's just staying in same place as I can't go on road yet
Old 17-01-17, 03:22 PM   #7
Inactive User

Oh right thanks I'll see now
Old 17-01-17, 03:25 PM   #8

Hi....good luck let us know what it like when you on the move...check tyre pressures as well....read the hand book...learn how to change the spare wheel check your fluid levels...all in the book...be safe.....
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-01-17, 03:29 PM   #9
Inactive User

I will let you know lad and just hope to get more info on it is there any tips I could do before I get on road
Old 17-01-17, 03:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks and I know nothing about cars hahs only just passed my test and hopefully be on the road Tuesday and I changed the fuse with the spare one and still same but at times if I go fast to the left it's hardish at first and then fast turning right it eaesxa bit but that's just staying in same place as I can't go on road yet
Out of interest what colour is the PS fluid? Should be a bright red. Best thing you can do is read the handbook and use the search function on the forum. There is so much useful information on here. There is bound to have been someone with a similar issue. May suggest a few things you could look at. But if your wanting to stick with the Peugeot then investing in a planet diagnostic for your self is a good investment in my opinion. Generic code readers don't work on these cars only planet will. There not that expensive either now. have seen a couple of posts recently which have links to kits sub 100. For what planet does it is worth every penny.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in