Misfire, 1.1 petrol 2001. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By windy1603

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-09-16, 06:57 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Misfire, 1.1 petrol 2001.

Hi all,
New to the board so this is a hello and a plea for help!

The 106 is my first car and Im learning to drive but also learning about maintenance. I have only had it a few months and there was little in the way of service history. The oil level is good and looks clean. Water level looks good.
Yesterday and today, when I first started the car and pulled away, it felt lumpy and wouldnt idle smoothly. The CEL was flashing. The car would not pull well at all and seemed to flat line at around 3500rpms.
Both times I stopped the car when safe to do so and then turned off the ignition. I looked under the bonnet but didnt see anything obvious. Upon starting the car, the engine smoothed out and drove normally. It was as if there was a problem, it went into limp mode and cleared itself on restart.

My dad has some diagnostic tools and the basic OBD2 tool showed the following.
P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected.
He also has the tool he used on the Citroen car he used to own as well as the software and he thinks he may have the disc for the Peugeot software so he will try and load that onto the laptop if he can find it.

I have now bought a service kit, plugs, filters and oil and will try that first but Im worried it may be something more involved hence asking for help.

I did some research online and see sometimes the coil pack can cause issues. The one on the car at the moment is a Bougicord unit I think.

So, I will do the service and see how it goes but just in case, what else should I be looking at?
Thanks in advance.
caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-16, 07:13 PM   #2

HI...your doing everything right .have a look at the spark plug tips and compere the colour and condition..could show which cyl isnt working as it should...let us all know how you get on...good luck
noddy-hol is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-09-16, 07:24 PM   #3

Have a look around the electrical plugs to the injectors. It not uncommon for water from screen washer jets/rain to drip onto injector plug and corrode connections
Jagn likes this.

Old 01-10-16, 10:07 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy-hol View Post
HI...your doing everything right .have a look at the spark plug tips and compere the colour and condition..could show which cyl isnt working as it should...let us all know how you get on...good luck
Thanks. Will be doing the service tomorrow after work. Dad said I should check what to gap the spark plugs at, any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Have a look around the electrical plugs to the injectors. It not uncommon for water from screen washer jets/rain to drip onto injector plug and corrode connections
Will check when I change the plugs.
Have just spent the last few hours sorting PP2000 on the laptop, what a game that was!
When I connected it to the car, I wasn't sure what I was doing and it seemed very limited as to what information I could see. Steep learning curve! The only code I managed to find was the original P0300 so hopefully once sorted I should be good to go again
caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in