door sticking - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-14, 01:54 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default door sticking

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a 106 quicksilver, the door is sticking when unlocked and started to take a few pulls to open but now is taking up to ten attempts to open the drivers door :-( can anyone help with the problem please
p34chy14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-06-14, 07:35 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hello P34,

Sorry you've had no replies so far. Can you give a little more detail about the problem? Do other doors open ok? Does the door handle lift up ok? Does it open ok from inside? If you have the door open and try the exterior handle, do you get the same reponse on the door mechanism as on the door on the other side? Food for thought, bit more info might get more replies. I suspect the little connecting levers inside the door,but if they're dislodged the door probably would never open. It may just be the keeper on the door frame, or its adjustment, look for excessive wear.
andy308sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-06-14, 10:04 PM   #3
Ginger Magic

I had a similar problem on my 406 rear drivers side door, it opened fine from inside but the outside handle never really 'felt' like it was connected properly.

In the end I adjusted the door latch on the bodywork ( only 0.5mm or so ) and it seemed to relieve the pressure on the latch.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 15-06-14, 06:08 PM   #4
Inactive User

Hi, it opens fine from the inside but the inside handle stays out like theres no tension, the passenger door opens as it should, the drivers door doesn't sound the same from the outside, like its failing to catch on something, the handle on the outside pulls open as normal just doesn't bring the door with it. I have given up trying to open from the outside now and reach across from the passenger side, very annoying, I'm going to take door card off tomorrow and have a look inside, cheers
p34chy14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-14, 09:49 PM   #5
Inactive User

I guess it will be an activating lever, makes it sound grand but it's just a bit of old coat hanger wire. It will have become detached or misplaced. You will have to go by feel rather than what you can see. Compare it to the other door if you don't know what I mean. Hope this helps.
andy308sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in