106 Heater motor/resistor replacement?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-14, 06:43 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 106 Heater motor/resistor replacement??

52 plate 106 1.5d heater motor/resistor has blown and I know from the Haynes manual you have to take the whole facia apart just to access the motor/resistor unit and also take off the wiper blades.
More than likely gonna be the resistor unit rather than the motor but is there an easier way to replace these items other than following the Haynes manual???
Any help would be appreciated.
bigdave0829 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-01-14, 07:17 PM   #2

Does the heated rear window work ?.

Known fault on Saxo/106 is for ignition switch to burn out symptoms are no heated screen, heater blower and power steering (if fitted).

If the blower is faulty removal as below (Copied from Saxo Forum)

Took me about 1 hour.

First remove the front windscreen wipers, then remove the long plastic panel underneath the wipers. Then there is another small plastic panel drivers side that has to be removed, then remove the front wiper motor. You will now see the heater blower motor, remove the 2 bolts securing it and the mesh grill from the motor.

The motor is now unbolted. It is now ready to be removed through the drivers side footwell.

Stick your head down by the drivers side pedals and look up behind the dash, there might be a bit of carpet that has to be removed to see up there. There will be a plastic heater piping that leads from the right hand heater vent, that will have to be pulled away and removed.

Then you will see the blower motor with another plastic pipe coming from it, i just pulled on the blower motor and the pipe released. The blower motor will need a bit of moving about to get it out from under the dash, but it will come out after a while.

Then fit your new one.
Old 18-04-16, 06:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Does the heated rear window work ?.

Known fault on Saxo/106 is for ignition switch to burn out symptoms are no heated screen, heater blower and power steering (if fitted).
My 106 blower does not work and neither does my heated rear screen. So, if the problem is actually the ignition switch, would the car still start and the radio work? (which is the case for me)
gmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-04-16, 07:59 AM   #4

Yes if switch fails all the low power items and starting still work.

There was a work around from Peugeot/Citroen which was to link two wires in the switch harness I cannot find details in my files but this came up with a google search (same basic car 106/Saxo).

PAS, heater fan , rear demister Repair. - Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum
Old 18-04-16, 10:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
Yes if switch fails all the low power items and starting still work.

There was a work around from Peugeot/Citroen which was to link two wires in the switch harness I cannot find details in my files but this came up with a google search (same basic car 106/Saxo).

PAS, heater fan , rear demister Repair. - Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum
Thankyou for that. Question - before I remove the demister fan, can it be tested in situ by connecting it directly to the battery or would that damage it?
gmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in