106 Central Locking. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 106
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-18, 09:20 PM   #1

Hi All.

I have a 51 plate 1.5D and the central locking has stopped working. The car does not register that the key is being pressed- I’ve had the key checked and it transmits, but the car cannot recognise it is being pressed. I’ve managed to find a replacement central locking unit for it, however, I’ve no idea where it is located on the car. Most internet searches reveal how to fit central locking not actually where the unit is located.

Does anybody with more knowledge than me have any ideas?

Cheers

Last edited by Vossloh2; 14-04-18 at 09:27 PM.
Vossloh2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-04-18, 09:21 PM   #2

Sorry I meant where it is located on the car.
Vossloh2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-18, 09:03 AM   #3

If your car is 106 s1 (1991-1996), then if you open the glove box and look under its lock, you'll find it. It has two torx screws and it's not difficult to remove it.
However you must be sure that you've bought the right central locking unit,not all are the same.Check for the code number that is written on it and if it's the same as the unit you bought.
Take a look as well to the receiver that is placed on the roof in front of the mirror(under the antenna) and check for rust.Usually if there is a leakage then the water drops on it.
When you try to unlock manually do all locks work? If they don't, then you may have a problem with the door wiring also.
Finally check the fuses from the passenger's fuse box.
pugwizard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-18, 08:19 PM   #4

Default Series 2

Series 2 central locking module is located behind glove box, on wall of engine bay. Open glove box, and take out the two pins holding it in. This will then be removed, it's up top behind dash. Their is also a module up near light, this is the IR sensor.
poejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in