Trip tronic/ 2tronic gearbox faults - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-10, 01:30 PM   #1
Inactive User

Wink Trip tronic/ 2tronic gearbox faults

Hi this post is for trip tronic\2tronic gearbox problems

As I bougth my it randomly gave a automatic gearbox message on computer , it could not deside wich gear to change too I took it to the agents, after a week the can still not find the problem and were comunicating with Peugeot France. By this time I were hot under the coler and said give the vehicle back so I can either do it myself or take it to some one ells. When I started driving home it revuse to select neutral and reverse, I drove back to the Volvo dealer where I bought it . The maneger and I desided to check all conections but every time we end up thinking that we miss an important factor.

As I bougth it secondhand we over looked this,why or what will cause some one selling this lovely vehicle.
Well he most probibly sold it deu to he had it previously at a agent and they could not get it right aswell.
Wat we found is that the previous owner or some one that drove in the vehicle with him spilled a soft drink , Cocacola, on the center console were the gear lever is and dried it of but did not know it penitrated the switch of the gear lever as its electronic and cause a problem later in it.
To clean it we sprayed electroclean in it and relube it with a elecrtic switch lube and it worked agian perfectly.

If you have other gearbox faults report it and if you can give solution it will help others the frustrationof days without transport , I were luckily for the maneger gave me a lone car thats light on fuel as the 1007.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-04-10, 02:41 PM   #2

Exclamation

Good information , i`ll sticky that thread for you.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-10, 12:13 PM   #3
Inactive User

Unhappy

My 1007 had to go back again to the agents as for when the gearlever gave probs it mesed up the 2nd and 3rd gears sincro's acording the agents so I hope to get it back soon at least I do not have to pay for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 22-06-10, 03:37 PM   #4
Inactive User

After 4 weeks I finaly got the car back they completly redone the gearbox and clutch to a price of over R26000 here in South Africa and on there account .
It was the 2nd and 3rd sincro's that gave all so the intermitment problem when hot, resulting it to hesitate when seleting they all so replaced the clutch acuator and gearselection acuator, but it shows that a small problem like Coca Cola in the gearleaver can give big problems and costly repairs later.
I am now going to put gauges in the center console now were the drinks holder is and threaten every one riding with me of scolding if anything are placed near the gearleaver. I have done 1000km now and it seems fine now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Thunderstorm; 22-06-10 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-11-10, 09:12 PM   #5
Inactive User

Another fault can be that your altenator/genarator are not charging properly too, it must have an out put of more than 13volts if your volts drop below 12volts you will have difficalty in selecting gears.

I have done now 20000km and still doing fine on the gearbox

Last edited by Thunderstorm; 04-11-10 at 09:14 PM.
Old 27-10-11, 11:31 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default Up date

The gearbox has done now 40000km and still fine.

Old 07-01-12, 05:08 PM   #7
Inactive User

Check altenator charging rate (view anti-polution doc for reason) it must be 13.4 volts or above 12.4 volts are below threashold leve. Check for spillage of soft drinks on gearlever as the sugar can conduct electrisity and confuse engine management and can destroy your gearbox. Check all electrical connections to gearbox.
Syncrogears worn.

Old 06-09-12, 08:44 PM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks for your great tips Thunderstorm.
Would you or anyone have a suggestion what my car's problem can be? My 1007's 2tronic gearbox started playing up. Most of the time it wouldn't take reverse gear. It is 100% fine with all other gears and sometimes even ok to go into reverse - mainly when the engine has been running for a while. But most of the time reverse is a problem, it keeps throwing it out. There was definitely no drink spillt into the gearbox in my case.
Many thanks.
leila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-12, 09:44 PM   #9
Inactive User

This could be the linkage or shift actuator or it could just be reverse gear faulty.
MadV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-12, 08:40 PM   #10
Inactive User

Default Unable to engage reverse on Peugeot 1007 - Shift actuator

Hi,

The problem with engaging reverse gear is no longer intermittent and is permanent. Using a code reader it reveals 'P0750' (shift solenoid A malfunction) and 'P0750 P'.

To try and rule out the gearbox from being at fault, I removed the 'Sachs' shift-actuator and was able to manually move the gearbox into reverse with no problems and test the reverse of the car.

With the car electrics still connected to the actuator and engaging neutral/reverse/first from within the car cabin it is clear that the female part of the actuator seems to be going through the expected motions to engage the relevant gears.

I have purchased a brand new battery for the car so as to rule out issues associated with insufficient voltage/ current.

I have taken apart the actuator, and solenoids and can see no obvious problem. All the parts appear to move smoothly, and there are no obvious signs of wear.

What do you think could be causing this issue?

Also, when I have spoken to Peugeot garages about getting this resolved, they mentioned that if they replaced the actuator as well as the physical replacement there would be a reconfiguration required. Does anybody know what this reconfiguration consists of? Is this just clearing the P0750 code down, or is it more sophisticated using something like Peugeot Planet?
leila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in