Those electrical doors - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-05-10, 11:18 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Those electrical doors

Right let's talk about those electrical doors.
Even though mine have not given me any problems I have seen that there are some out there giving problems so let's talk about them as I am a qualified mechie.

First problem that I found is really not a problem but a safety feature build in the system is when the door closes and there is an obstruction in the path like the safety belt buckle that gets in the way after you unbuckle and have not returned/reeled completely back.

Second problem is that darn contacts that's sure to get dampness and corrosion, luckily were I live is most of the year dry, that needs cleaning and protected, use a penetrating oil spray ,or a water disperser protector something like electrical contact oil/lubricant or silicon spray.

Third problem that I found on the net was places that gets realy cold. As the electrical doors are driven with electrical motors they are not directly connected to the doors but thru cables and are guided onto a curve and then to the door on the bottom. When it is extreamly cold and especially when dampness has occurred when opening the door for a short period this cable will freeze up so use a silicon spray because some penetrating oils can freeze as well and most silicon sprays don't , you may think I am crazy but try a spray and cook those you use in the kitchen even though I have not tried it as it does not get so cold here I have had one time I had to use it for a blast refrigerator unit.

Forth problem we still stays are those connecting cables were they go onto the curved section under neath , due to opening and closing to impress people, it can wear a groove it the metal and pinch the cable ,I think this problem can be cured by fitting a Teflon sheet in.

If you find more problems or cures or both feel free to ad it here if any of my cures don't work for you please correct me it is for the good for all of us driving this nice car.

PS
I have found a problem that will prevent the sliding door on the side of the fuel filler flap to open, as the previous mechanic by passed mine, after reading the manual I saw that the door on the fuel filler flap side shouldn't open if this flap is open, in investigating mine that still open when flap is open I saw that there was a magnetic Reed switch that was by passed/shorted out. The magnet on flap hinge activate the Reed switch to closed and current flows thru switch to door relay that opens the door. If flap is in open position door won't open and gives 3 beeps. If switch or wiring is faulty you will have same problem . Mine was still right but magnet was to far away to activate switch, wedged out magnet and moved it closer solved my problem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Thunderstorm; 09-01-12 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Additional information
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-10, 07:56 AM   #2
chopper1192

Yes, I can think of a problem.

Back when the 1007 was launched I was sha...er, seeing a girl who worked in a dealers service department and she regaled me with tales of customers cars who's doors had simply fallen off.

The other problem is the 1007 is too slow, heavy, uneconomical, poor handling and expensive. A solid own goal and pug ended up selling only one fifteenth of the numbers they'd forecast. Oops.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-10, 01:09 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for info for the doors as I will google about the doors and see if any one els had that same problem.

As for second bit info this is only for the doors related , but to sort of correct you that my be for the 1.4 and not the 1.6 as fuel consumption on the 1.6 I get 20km/Lt with 4 adults and were I stay aint flat either but lets stay here only on the doors and rather make a new section spesific for other related instances.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 19-05-10, 01:16 PM   #4
chopper1192

20km/L is around 60ish MPG. Forgive me, but that's a little hard to believe for the 1.6 petrol. Very hard, in fact. Even the HDi version would be pressed to do it. Let's be honest - the 207 was, engine for engine, cheaper, bigger, seated 5 properly, had 5 doors if desired (which didn't fall off), and was lighter and therefore quicker and more economical (substantially so on the 1.4 petrol
, 4 seconds quicker to 60 and around 10mpg better on the combined)). A brave idea, but appallingly executed.

Last edited by chopper1192; 19-05-10 at 01:24 PM.
Old 22-05-10, 12:00 PM   #5
Inactive User

I am quating now directly from the manufature 1.6lt 16v 2 tronic model code NFUC/P interurban driving lt/100km figers are 5.4 lt/100km or 52.4 mpg , so does leading reviews gives there stats.
maybe your left foot are very heavy and needs to lift it a bit or you never really drove the car or liked it at all in the frst place like I don't like volvo's ,bmw's ect. and can tell a lot of bad thing's about them and I have driven all of them , as I said earllier I am a mechanic by trade and work on vehicles 10 fold to 40 fold most mid size family sized saloon prices ,I have worked on 70% of vehicles and driven even more so. I bet I can give you a lot of problems on the vehicle you currently drive.

As for the doors you commeted that falls off, no one on the net so far reported as sort and if it were a fault Peugeot would have recalled the 1007 and posted on the net , bring it to me the following conclusion that if I am correct that some one worked on the doors and did not secured again properly and was a once of occation for if it were tru the net and media would be full of it and Peugeot losing a lot of customers.

It is easly to blame a manufature for faults even if the customer fidels/tampers/mess around with equipment they knows squat/not trained/qualified to work on. I work daily with clients that tamperd with the vehicle to fix it themselvesending blaming it on poor design ect. I have heard a lot of excuses for faults especialy one lady that complained on high mpg of her vehicle to be found she uses the choke lever to hang her handbag.

I all so dont say the 1007 is perfect it has it faults this is why this blog's are for and to find solutions for ,so no more drifting from the subtect please, and if you dont like it go and bug other manufactures and if you still carry on like this we will ignor your posts.

Old 20-06-10, 07:56 PM   #6
Inactive User

Smile

Thanks for those tips Thunderstorm. I've had a 1007 for just over three months and was worried about what I'd read about the reliability of this model, but when I looked at one it suited me so well in all other respects I just had to take a chance. Yes mine has appeared quirky -the doors have sometimes opened and stopped halfway or opened just a crack and then stopped. But I've come to a similar conclusion that its dirt in the runners thats the likely culprit. I've just taken a cloth along the runners and spayed them with a silcone lubricant and the problem has gone away. I've also bought a cleaning block for the contacts at the front of the door - you can get a small softish cleaning block intended for cleaning circuit board contacts in Maplins for about three pounds -I keep mine in the little pocket by the steering wheel which is just right for the job. With this you can polish the contacts easily without abrading the metal.
I've also found the doors can appear to do odd things if you and your passenger push the buttons together - the door will give a jolt and then stop -if you've just started opening the door manually and the driver presses the remote the door may stop in mid flow. However, another push on the button soon rectifies this.
What makes it so good for me is the height! I'm 6'3" and I've suffered with my back a bit of late, and I found my previous car (a Fiat Panda) was almost impossible to heave myself out of when my back was bad, and once inside, the visibility was poor and I had to duck down to see traffic lights. The 1007 is so easy to get into and has great visibilty and I'm getting an average of 56.7 mpg from a 1.4 diesel (see Fuelly.com for my exact figures -I'm the only 1007 on there). I had initially thought the 1007 was too expensive for me, but their unpopularity means second hand ones come cheap, and I've got a luxury car for the price of a much more basic car. As long as those doors hold out I'm a satisfied owner.
alanterrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-10, 08:55 PM   #7
Inactive User

Just out of idle curiosity, is it possible to de-electrify the doors?
PureJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-10, 11:05 PM   #8
Inactive User

I am not sure if you can though.I'll try to find out.

Old 06-07-10, 12:35 PM   #9
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstorm
...and if you dont like it go and bug other manufactures and if you still carry on like this we will ignore your posts.
Will you now? How very mature!

Grow up.

Last edited by chopper1192; 06-07-10 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-08-10, 04:28 PM   #10
Inactive User

Unhappy How do they lock?

I've got a problem on the passenger door -it won't open with the button or remote but will if I tug the handle. Once open it will close and lock as it should. Now I thought I'd give it a good clean and lubricate, but I was surprised to find that all three of the metal prongs that locate into the holes at the front of the door have no mechanisms in the door or frame -just solid metal into a plastic lined hole. So what pulls the door in tight? I can only think it must be that bank of contacts -but how do they exert a pull? Do they become magnetised when a current goes through them? When I press the switch to unlock I can here something rotate in the front of the door, but the door doesn't open and 'left sliding door fault' appears on the display. Any ideas?
alanterrill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in