Reliable Key Fob Seller/Buyer Needed for a Peugeot 1007 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-17, 11:01 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Reliable Key Fob Seller/Buyer Needed for a Peugeot 1007

Hi,

I'm new on here & to Forums so please bear with.

I just picked up my preowned Peugeot 1007 (2006)1.4 16v 3dr Sport late this afternoon & so far I'm enjoying this car but I couldn't believe my misfortune as no sooner had I stopped off at my local store (before heading home) to pick up some shopping & on the way out I pressed the Key Fob to Disengage the Alarm/Immobiliser & Open the Drivers Side Door only to find that the Key Fob literally came apart (but thankfully) in my hand!

I didn't press it too hard or drop it & since I only received 1 Key Fob with this car i just knew i had to be extra careful with this one but for it to just come apart in my hand within an hour of driving back from the dealer i bought it from is very aggravating to put it politely. Needless to say the Dealership was closed so i'll have to put a complaint in with them tomorrow.

As I said thankfully it came apart in my hand & I managed to close my hand in time to make sure I didn't lose any components. After much fiddling around with it I managed to just get it together enough to disengage the alarm etc & drive the short journey home.

I've looked at some of the Threads on here & I know I can't get the Key Re-Synchronised which I'm fine with.
I'm not looking for that I'm looking to buy they Key Fob with a Blank Key but I want to use the 4 Buttons Only on it the New Replacement Key Fob.

I also know I need to put my own circuitboard from my broken Key Fob into the replacement one & again this is not an issue.

Now I've looked on Ebay & there's plenty to choose from so I'm guessing this is a common problem but I've found everyone of them who are selling them have been given very bad reviews.

Can anyone suggest a buyer who has a good proven track record with a Replacement 1007 Key Fob as I can't find anyone on the Internet who hasn't been brutally reviewed for being either the wrong type of Fob or just a really bad & untrustworthy ebay seller.

Sorry for the overly long explanation of something that could've been explained better but I'm at the moment very tired & to be frank f*cked off at the fact i just bought the car only to find at my first pit stop the whole key fob just fell apart.

I wanted to clearly clarify what I was looking for & what I needed it to do.

Any information would be great & again thanks for the patience for sitting through my Thread Description.
BonySOOKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-17, 07:40 AM   #2

Item 14:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 10-03-17, 07:44 AM   #3

I can recommend Car Keys Online. They do not list an empty fob for your car, but they may be able to supply, so contact them and ask.

I have found them reliable and helpful.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-17, 02:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonySOOKY View Post
Hi,

I'm new on here & to Forums so please bear with.

I just picked up my preowned Peugeot 1007 (2006)1.4 16v 3dr Sport late this afternoon & so far I'm enjoying this car but I couldn't believe my misfortune as no sooner had I stopped off at my local store (before heading home) to pick up some shopping & on the way out I pressed the Key Fob to Disengage the Alarm/Immobiliser & Open the Drivers Side Door only to find that the Key Fob literally came apart (but thankfully) in my hand!

I didn't press it too hard or drop it & since I only received 1 Key Fob with this car i just knew i had to be extra careful with this one but for it to just come apart in my hand within an hour of driving back from the dealer i bought it from is very aggravating to put it politely. Needless to say the Dealership was closed so i'll have to put a complaint in with them tomorrow.

As I said thankfully it came apart in my hand & I managed to close my hand in time to make sure I didn't lose any components. After much fiddling around with it I managed to just get it together enough to disengage the alarm etc & drive the short journey home.

I've looked at some of the Threads on here & I know I can't get the Key Re-Synchronised which I'm fine with.
I'm not looking for that I'm looking to buy they Key Fob with a Blank Key but I want to use the 4 Buttons Only on it the New Replacement Key Fob.

I also know I need to put my own circuitboard from my broken Key Fob into the replacement one & again this is not an issue.

Now I've looked on Ebay & there's plenty to choose from so I'm guessing this is a common problem but I've found everyone of them who are selling them have been given very bad reviews.

Can anyone suggest a buyer who has a good proven track record with a Replacement 1007 Key Fob as I can't find anyone on the Internet who hasn't been brutally reviewed for being either the wrong type of Fob or just a really bad & untrustworthy ebay seller.

Sorry for the overly long explanation of something that could've been explained better but I'm at the moment very tired & to be frank f*cked off at the fact i just bought the car only to find at my first pit stop the whole key fob just fell apart.

I wanted to clearly clarify what I was looking for & what I needed it to do.

Any information would be great & again thanks for the patience for sitting through my Thread Description.
is it a full key you want so you have 2 keys or just a case to repair that fob
Old 10-03-17, 03:21 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default Just the 4 Button Casing Is Needed.

I just want a reliable 4 Button Key Fob.

I'm going to keep the Key on the broken cashing of the orginal one & put the circuitboard that'll operate the alarm/immobiliser & open & close the doors in the New Replacement 4 Button Key Fob.

Just to summarise.

I'm not looking to have the Key replaced as i willl keep that on the original broken casing.

I'm just wanting to buy the plastic casing that'll house my circuitboard to do what I've mentioned above.

The only reason I haven't just bought a cheap replacement from the many Sellers of these replacement Key Fobs is that all of them have been slated in reviews.

You can expect a certain amount of bad reviews but not to the extent that i've seen.

I've just got the broken Casing held together with an elastic band & I don't want to keep taking it apart every time to put it into a unit that it clearly isn't made for because at somepoint there is a chance of damaging my cars circuit board.

If I can get one for 5 plus p+p that's being sold on Ebay & Amazon it's worth trying but only if I know that the replacement one will be what it's described as.

You make thing I'm being too picky but I can assure you im not. I just want to make sure before I go near the original faulty casing that the replacement one will work.

These units are flimsy at the best of times hence why I'm asking if someone knows of anyone that sells a reliable & dependable one as I'm finding most if not all are not what they're being advertised as.

Anyone you can recommend would be much appreciated & you have an enjoyable weekend ahead of you.
BonySOOKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-04-17, 11:57 AM   #6
Inactive User

Default Key Fob

Hi,

I just picked one of the sellers on Ebay and bought a couple of cases and they were fine. Perhaps some of the bad feedback is from clueless people (or perhaps I lucked out!).

If you are still having trouble, get back to me and I will try and look out the details of "my" seller (it was a year or two ago now).
CPVH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in