Problems with Peugeot 1007 gearbox/clutch - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-10, 10:48 AM   #1
Pat
Inactive User

Default Problems with Peugeot 1007 gearbox/clutch

Hi

Apologies for what may be the longest post in history but I have a serious issue.

I live in south africa and I have a 1007(sensodrive) that has done 54000km. The car is still under warranty but that expires on June 28. Since the beginning of this year I've been experiencing hesitations with gearbox changes. The first problems were when changing up into 3rd and 5th gear (either in auto or manually). What would happen is that while you were accelerating, as the car would change into 3rd or 5th gear, you would get a longer then normal delay before the car would continue to accelerate. At this stage, i just want to point out that the problem occurs randomly. Sometimes, the car is fine, sometimes it isn't. I took the car in to a peugeot service centre and the mechanics replaced the clutch actuator only to find that it didn't fix the problem. They then cleaned some contacts that had become corroded and they said that had fixed the problem. Three days after I got the car back, the hesitations in the same gears returned. Two weeks later, I had the car towed in to a different service centre after I had an automatic gearbox failure. Their diagnostics returned the following: Intermittent fault on clutch opening travel, Intermittent fault on ECU powerlatch. I told them about the hesitations and then they did the following: Reset the gearbox and downloaded new software on the clutch. The next day after I got the car back, the hesitations returned. A new symptom appeared: there would be a hesitation when changing down into fourth. After a period of two weeks I took the car back to the first service centre and told them about the problems. After having the car for 4 days, I went and got the car back after being asked "Are you sure you're not imagining these hesitations?". Interestingly though, after I got the car back, the hesitations in 3rd and 5th disappeared however the 4th problem was becoming an almost permanent issue. My father and I then set out to try and figure out under what (if any) conditions the hesitations would occcur. It turned out that if you were in 5th, doing somewhere between 80 and 90 km/h and then changed down and accelerated (manual change) or got the car to kick down into fourth, you would get a lengthy delay before the car would accelerate again. The longest delay (without power) was 2.5 seconds. We managed to do this pretty much the whole way home on one day, so I phoned the second service centre and booked the car in. Funnily enough, the very next day, the hesitations in fourth disappeared. However, a new symptom appeared: a hesitation in 2nd gear. At one point, it took the car 3 attempts to get into second gear (at least that is what it felt like). The second dealer took a look at the car and one of the mechanics took the car out and he actually experienced a hesitation in 3rd (I almost cried I was so happy). The mechanics got the following diagnostic reports: Intermittent fault on clutch signal, intermittent fault on clutch opening travel. The mechanics then found that one wire was not making proper contact and the say that it was the cause of all the hesitations. They also found that the clutch needs to be replaced because the car sometimes judders when pulling off. I got the car back, and two days later, the 3rd gear hesitations are back. I phoned the mechanics and they said that if the clutch gets replaced, the problem will go away. My problem is, is that Peugeot only cover the warranty on the clutch up to 40000 km (which I think is ridiculous) so now I'm in a fighting match with them to get them to replace the clutch. The only thing is, my father and I don't think that replacing the clutch will make this problem go away. Are we correct? My father thinks its the clutch spring (or something to that affect).

So, can anyone offer any insight into what might be causing these issues because I don't think the mechanics in South Africa have any idea of how to fix it.

Thanks
Pat
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-06-10, 03:51 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi Pat
I am all so in S.A. and had simalar problem with with my car and the agents battled with in. Check my sticky post of the 2tronic gearbox and you will see that mine was simalar and bet that it may be sincro's playing up.

I think of starting a 1007 Club in S.A. but dont know how many were sold here and if there are any intrest in a club, there are about 3 thar I know here in Pietersburg/polokwane.Let me know if you are intrested my email is [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in