peugeot 1007 1.4 hdi wont start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trustme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-14, 08:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default peugeot 1007 1.4 hdi wont start

hi, im having problems with my 1007 a few days ago the car wouldnt start ,it didnt turn over at all tried several times and previously its always started first time called the aa had a coffee gave it one last attempt before they got there and it started so i cancelled the aa and everything was fine for a couple of days then it happened again so i called the aa and when they arrived it started before they left they tried it again and it wouldnt so they tested the battery , fuses locked unlocked the car a few times tried the spare key and tried to bump it all this didnt work so they towed it to a garage and guess what it started working again no faults showing when they plugged it in they kept it all day and it was faultless so off we went a day later and its happened again and wont start , im not at any stretch a mechanic but i assume that as the battery and fuses where tested and the car wont bump start its not the starter motor, battery or fuses the mechanic said if the imobileser was faulty the engine would turn over but not start and it doesnt turn over so i assume its not the key, transponder or imobiliser . my other half is a comunity care worker and neads this car to work it means shes stopping and starting it all day realy nned to get it fixed but have no idea what to do ,any sugestions or anything else i can try ?
thanks sam
sam1007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-14, 11:00 PM   #2
chopper1192

Never, ever try to bump start an HDi.

Intermittent faults are a sod. Only way round is to leave it with a garage to try driving several times a day until the fault recurs, then they might be able to locate it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-14, 06:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
Never, ever try to bump start an HDi.

Intermittent faults are a sod. Only way round is to leave it with a garage to try driving several times a day until the fault recurs, then they might be able to locate it.
i bump start my 1.4 hdi 307 every day as its a pain to strat first thing in a morning with veg oil in tank been doing this over 4 years and not had a problem maybe you mean jump start
chopper1192 likes this.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-14, 06:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam1007 View Post
hi, im having problems with my 1007 a few days ago the car wouldnt start ,it didnt turn over at all tried several times and previously its always started first time called the aa had a coffee gave it one last attempt before they got there and it started so i cancelled the aa and everything was fine for a couple of days then it happened again so i called the aa and when they arrived it started before they left they tried it again and it wouldnt so they tested the battery , fuses locked unlocked the car a few times tried the spare key and tried to bump it all this didnt work so they towed it to a garage and guess what it started working again no faults showing when they plugged it in they kept it all day and it was faultless so off we went a day later and its happened again and wont start , im not at any stretch a mechanic but i assume that as the battery and fuses where tested and the car wont bump start its not the starter motor, battery or fuses the mechanic said if the imobileser was faulty the engine would turn over but not start and it doesnt turn over so i assume its not the key, transponder or imobiliser . my other half is a comunity care worker and neads this car to work it means shes stopping and starting it all day realy nned to get it fixed but have no idea what to do ,any sugestions or anything else i can try ?
thanks sam
check for a loose angine earth and was the car going fast enough when trying to bump
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-14, 09:02 AM   #5
Inactive User

hi, thanks for the replies i assume the aa man was going fast enough to bump it i wasnt there but the other half said he was pushing it fast down a hill and tried twice then got her out the car and a passer buy to help push while he tried to start it as well. ive checked the battery connectors are tight and followed the negative i can see it bolts onto the engine block soon after the battery this seems tight although it is in a awkward place , is this what you mean by checking the main earth? i have looked on jim buttersworth site which helped me fix the door actuators very well and it lists a brake switch aparently found under the passengers foot well as a common fault it says its part of the ignition circuit has anyone heard of this before or know how i could test it to rule it out ?
sam1007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-14, 08:25 AM   #6
chopper1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
i bump start my 1.4 hdi 307 every day as its a pain to strat first thing in a morning with veg oil in tank been doing this over 4 years and not had a problem maybe you mean jump start
No, I meant bump. One should never bump a car with a separate high pressure and lift pumps. It puts too much pressure on the hp pump and risks killing the cam belt. You've been a very lucky boy.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-14, 08:36 AM   #7

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in