Noisey suspension - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-05-14, 05:54 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Noisey suspension

My 1007 has developed very noisy suspension on the drivers side front.
It started with a knock.
My mechanic went over it with a fine toothed comb and could not find anything wrong, so we agreed to replace the front shocks.
This seemed to work for a few days but now it's back with avengance.

Now it knocks, squeaks and makes a sound like you've run over a loose man hole cover.
There is NOTHING loose as far as my guy can see, no abnormal movement, nothing visibly worn.

The car handles as normal.
Another forum suggested the drop links but there is nothing visibly worn and no abnormal movement.

I'm frightened it may collapse, but my guy assures me there is nothing that will fall off, collapse or otherwise.

He said that PUG's are renowned for noisy suspension but the cause is a nightmare to find.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
Spaced-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-14, 06:03 PM   #2

I would look at droplinks. If you have replaced shocks on a hunch the cost of drop links is negligible in comparison. I'm assuming the spring and topmount were all reseated correctly when shocks were changed?
Cibear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-14, 06:31 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibear View Post
I would look at droplinks. If you have replaced shocks on a hunch the cost of drop links is negligible in comparison. I'm assuming the spring and topmount were all reseated correctly when shocks were changed?
i would have thought they would have been fitted correctly, I've been using the same guy for over 30 years.

I will query, drop links, but would'nt there be movement or handling problems if they were duff?

Old 22-05-14, 06:52 PM   #4

No handling issues. They can be difficult to feel excessive movement by hand. They are about 12 each and shouldn't take more than about an hour to do.
Cibear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-14, 06:21 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
No handling issues. They can be difficult to feel excessive movement by hand. They are about 12 each and shouldn't take more than about an hour to do.
Cheers, I'll get him to order them and stick em on.

Nothing's going to collapse or drop off in the mean time?
Old 08-06-14, 10:38 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Drop links have been changed, it seemed to cure the problem but a week later the noise is back.
Old 08-06-14, 11:04 AM   #7

Are you sure its coming from the front

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
m_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-14, 11:07 AM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_joseph View Post
Are you sure its coming from the front

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yup, sometimes i can feel it.
Old 08-06-14, 11:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced-Man View Post
He said that PUG's are renowned for noisy suspension
Regardless of how long you've been taking cars to this guy, that kind of reply is a cop out because he can't figure it out. I've had two Peugeot 307's, my sister and niece have 207's, a neighbour has a 206 and two people at work have Pugs and none of them have noisy suspension, especially like you describe. Way too easy to say they are renowned for a problem when it is just because you can't find the cause.
Gibbo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-14, 10:50 AM   #10
chopper1192

Quote:

I'm frightened it may collapse, but my guy assures me there is nothing that will fall off, collapse or otherwise.
How on earth can he make a statement like that if he doesn't know what the problem is?

Quote:
He said that PUG's are renowned for noisy suspension but the cause is a nightmare to find.
Bullpois again. One thing pug usually manage to do well is make a decent handling car, although the 1007 is an obvious exception to that rule. Their set ups are mostly clever development of simple designs and are generally hassle free and quiet. The fungus covering his ignorance with words formed from manure.

Quote:
Has anyone got any suggestions?
Don't get too focused on suspension when it could equally be a steering component, engine mount, or sub frame problem, but the best advice is to set fire to the 1007 and find spanner man who is not bred from a chimpanzee to look after your next car. Remember, a good 1007 is a very bad thing indeed.
storeman likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in