Frozen And Does Nothing !! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-14, 06:31 AM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Frozen And Does Nothing !!

I had to force the door open manually this morning as it's freezing out but then nothing works !! t flashes up airbag fault, left door fault, right door fault, auto gearbox fault and I can't even get it started to warm it up.
What do you do when this happens ??? Any ideas ?

Ta,
Lynda~
Advertisement

Old 24-11-14, 08:21 AM   #2

I'd look at the battery and consider replacing it if its over three years old.

Random faults like this are usually down to one common component, especially at this time of year when battery load increases.

Don't forget to BSI reset!

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...70/#post529130
Old 24-11-14, 04:42 PM   #3
Inactive User

Seems to be what was wrong. Managed to get a lift then got an old boy down the road to jump it as when I came home it said Economy Mode was active. So I just drove it 25 miles and hope that has sorted it for now as I don't get paid till Thursday !!
What's BSI reset, please ?
Cheers, Gibbo,

Lynda~

Old 24-11-14, 06:12 PM   #4
Ginger Magic

Hi Lynda, glad the car started for you.

The BSI reset is a procedure for disconnecting the battery correctly without potentially harming it ( the BSI is the hub that all the ECUs talk with, without it you are a bit buggered.. )

Try to avoid jump starting the car, this can also harm the fragile French BSI...

Economy mode just means the battery is a bit drained and the car has 'put itself to sleep' to stop the battery draining further - starting the car up will clear this.

The battery has to do lots of things, it has to wake up the BSI and all the ECUs, open the doors for you, put on the inside lights, light up the dashboard, check the key in the ignition is the right one for the car, do all the engine checks - then when you turn the key is has to provide 12volts of power to the starter and spark the spark plugs - phew....

This is all before the engine even starts, so you can imagine the strain on an old battery. There is not always enough power to do the engine self checks when you turn the key as the starter takes up most of it, this is why you get silly error messages that are not really errors, just confused signals...

Hope this helps.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-11-14, 07:56 PM   #5
Inactive User

So I assume if I go to a garage or Halfords and buy a new battery they'll be well aware of this ? It wouldn't even turn over tonight same as this morning which is why I needed to get it jumpstarted. Even then it wasn't immediate. He had to rev his car quite a while before mine eventually turned and caught.

So should I be buying a special heavy duty one then ? I'll definitely be picking one up this Thursday from somewhere !!

Thanks so much for all the help. I greatly appreciate it. Just hope it lasts me till Thursday so I can get to work !!

Lynda~
Old 24-11-14, 08:10 PM   #6
Ginger Magic

Park on a hill facing downwards, you can always bump start it if it fails to start - unless someone parks in front of you...

Jump starting is okay - just be aware that sometimes it can go wrong....

You don't need a heavy duty battery, all batteries have to do the whole she-bang before starting the car - I was only sort of trying to explain why a tired battery will struggle more than a good battery...

Will Halfrauds know about a BSI reset - probably not

Europarts has a sale on - here is a battery that may be suitable. Its not the cheapest or the dearest, somewhere in between.
Exide Peugeot Excell Battery 027 3 Year Guarantee | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-11-14, 08:17 PM   #7

Just buy the most powerfull battery listed for your car as yours is old and tired a new fresh one will keep it happy.

As for jump starting IF you do it leave the jumping car running for a few minutes do not try starting yours right away as this gives the bsi time to wake gently but even then jumping is best avoided.

Bsi reset not essential unless you have problems
Old 25-11-14, 12:41 AM   #8
Inactive User

So does this spike the BSI when you jump these modern Pugs now? Just curious as I have done this on many occasions on my HDI today because of charging problems. The cars dashboard does light up like a Christmas tree and throws a hissy fit telling me to stop.
AMBROSIA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-11-14, 07:12 AM   #9
Inactive User

Can't bump as it's an automatic or can I with this half/half nonsense now ?
I drove 25 miles in it last night and everything was singing 'n' dancing on my return. This morning dead again. I know it hadn't been driven much since March when I got it and I had it trailered down south.
So waiting in now for an RAC battery delivery/fitting. Chose the best one-costing £120 !!!! Shocking price but no choice since I'm stranded and I can't fit the thing !! So I couldn't buy your recommended one, Ginger. Thanks, though.
Hopefully he knows how to do all that resetting nonsense. I have read up on resetting the remote which "seems" to be easy but hey, we'll see......
My dash didn't light up with a hissy fit AFTER it was jumped, just threw out all that old tommyrot while the battery's been dead-not too dead to tell me this is wrong or that's wrong, though, it seems !!! Hehehe...........
This had better sort it. I've had it around 10 days and it was a beaut till this cold weather.

Cheers,
Lynda~
Old 25-11-14, 07:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKelly View Post
So I assume if I go to a garage or Halfords and buy a new battery they'll be well aware of this ?
Not a chance. Print it out and give it to them.
adam.007 likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in