Exhaust manifold polishing - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-12, 06:48 PM   #1
Inactive User

Talking Exhaust manifold polishing

Check out our facebook page on how I improved fuel consumption from 5.4lt/100km to 4.7lt/100km with proof , note same road but sometimes it shows 7km and sometimes 8km but this was second run with same figure but dark and I was not going to do a 3rd run to get 7km , actually drove 50meter further as my gate was open but normally I took photo before I open gate with engine shutdowned and ignition switched on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-12, 08:32 PM   #2
Inactive User

Note this is a 1.6lt 16valve 2tronic petrol/gasoline engine and not the diesel version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-03-12, 09:14 PM   #3
davidireland

I don't understand, the reason for this is?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-12, 02:10 AM   #4
Inactive User

? ? to improve fuel consumption and more power by just smoothing out the exhaust manifold and gasket as it's rough with restrictions and the less restrictions in the exhaust side the better , remember engines are mass produce and not many vehicle manufactures do extensive work on the castings even though Peugeot's castings are the best I have seen in 20+ years it can still be improved , no engine manufactured can say they run efficient and cannot be improved , the most fuel efficient engine still runs at 36% efficient and no engine yet can claim 100% fuel efficient . That's why .

Old 06-03-12, 07:28 PM   #5
chopper1192

It's not a restriction - its a source of turbulence on the scavenging side of the motor. You're right, but for the wrong reason.

Indeed, I suspect it's not the tidying up work that's made the improvement. It's more likely that when you refitted it you simply lined it up more precisely on the head, and thus removed a minor step between components, which would be a big-O cause of turbulence.

PS - that's an excellent Facebook group you have going there.

Last edited by chopper1192; 06-03-12 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Enlarged fish intestinal titanium sofa
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-12, 09:29 PM   #6
Inactive User

Wink

No I did polish the manifold that was ruf to smoothness and the exhaust manifold gasket was on 3 ports sticking out by 4 mm ,I fitted gasket to both and grinded it so gasket , exhaust manifold and heads ports aligned up to each other , smoothen out all the sharp edges ect. , it took 2 pain full days and I can still improve on that but my equipment had its limmet in working so long , time to invest in new ones now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in