Clutch actuator problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-17, 04:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Clutch actuator problems

Afternoon, need help with pug 1007 automatic, problem is i think my clutch actuator is faulty,had a clutch replaced at a garage, got car back after 5months lol clutch fitted but they could not reset clutch actuator. Said cannot reset it, they had 2 separate peugeot guys(Supposedly) both failed. Looked on citroen site as c2 uses same drive system,got some great info there, have got pp2000 and yes, cannot setup initialization,dont know if actuator got damaged when doing clutch but keeps throwing up coherence fault. Have opened actuator and resethalf cog which runs off a motor manually but when i try to resetrelease rod manually it keeps springing back to rod out/clutch open position? Should this lock in clutch closed position?theres no spring tension inside actuator,have refitted to car but still no fix. Going to try sliding actuator nearer to clutch arm tomorrow and try again,failing that i need a 2nd hand one. Can i use one off a citroen c2? Main part number the same, and also the contacts in the actuator plug on top of actuator, anyone got wiring diagram or info where they contact to? Nothing on my autodata many thanks have added pic of sticker on actuator,anyone know one for sale around liverpool
Attached Thumbnails
1492185770718-1867299309_1492185816503.jpg  
Tell1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-04-17, 04:11 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell1 View Post
Afternoon, need help with pug 1007 automatic, problem is i think my clutch actuator is faulty,had a clutch replaced at a garage, got car back after 5months lol clutch fitted but they could not reset clutch actuator. Said cannot reset it, they had 2 separate peugeot guys(Supposedly) both failed. Looked on citroen site as c2 uses same drive system,got some great info there, have got pp2000 and yes, cannot setup initialization,dont know if actuator got damaged when doing clutch but keeps throwing up coherence fault. Have opened actuator and resethalf cog which runs off a motor manually but when i try to resetrelease rod manually it keeps springing back to rod out/clutch open position? Should this lock in clutch closed position?theres no spring tension inside actuator,have refitted to car but still no fix. Going to try sliding actuator nearer to clutch arm tomorrow and try again,failing that i need a 2nd hand one. Can i use one off a citroen c2? Main part number the same, and also the contacts in the actuator plug on top of actuator, anyone got wiring diagram or info where they contact to? Nothing on my autodata many thanks have added pic of sticker on actuator,anyone know one for sale around liverpool
Automatic transmission control unit
permanent fault. This is fault that shows Clutch actuator position signal Coherence
Tell1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-04-17, 06:05 PM   #3

These systems are a pain in the butt nobody really understands them i have worked on a couple the clutch actuator unit should reset itself once refitted no input from you via computer should be needed yes a c2 or c3 one will work i have fitted used ones on a car to test them and they just work.

The wiring and ecu can be problematic if disturbed the last one i worked on regularly ended up killing its gearbox so i converted it to manual its still going strong.

Old 19-07-18, 05:22 PM   #4

Red face Also Actuator problem

Hi Hoping you can help me. My 1007 06 plate, had a new actuator fitted 14 months ago as it wasn't going into any gear apart from reverse! All was well until one month ago - just outside the warranty! - I got the same error message 'Intermittent Gear Fault' and this time it wouldn't go into 1st gear only.

The garage again replaced the actuator, but this time it has not fixed the fault. They are at a loss what to do next. They stated it might be the ECU, but other than that don't have a clue!

Any ideas what could be the cause and what my next course of action should be?

Thank you in advance for your help.
WittyWanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in