Bike rack on rear, can I use one? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-12, 11:08 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Bike rack on rear, can I use one?

I dont want a roofrack as my bikes are too heavy plus it would be too high. I assume the doors opening would affect my being able to use a rear mounted rack.

Can I use one, anyone have one? I dont mean one a tow hitch one, but one I can strap onto the rear bumper etc
seton watson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-12, 11:15 PM   #2
Inactive User

Would one of these be ok

Welcome to North East Roof Racks :: Thule and Saris Roof Racks and Boxes
Attached Thumbnails
bike-rack.jpg  
Old 12-03-12, 11:21 PM   #3
Inactive User

thanks, I was previously looking at the Saris Bones and I like it a lot. I am not sure as the doors on the 1007 open past the rear of the car and I was wondering if a bike or 2 was on the back would this affect the doors opening properly or would they bang against my bikes and damage them ?

The 1007 is a cool car (never thought I would say that) but I have grown to love it. It is a really quirky car though and has its foibles :-)

Old 12-03-12, 11:23 PM   #4
Inactive User

Plenty of options on that website ifyou look at the picture though you will see the bikes will be well back away from doors opening.
Attached Thumbnails
image.php-bike.jpg  

Last edited by nige65; 12-03-12 at 11:26 PM.
nige65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-12, 11:28 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi, you are right, i took a closer look at your pic and its well away from the rear of the Nissan.

Thanks for that, much appreciated :-). Yours is the first pic I have seen of the Bones that shows clearly what it might look like on my car and becaue the rear of the 1007 is flat then it wont be as elevated as yours but still far enough away.

I like your red one, I need one of those for my red 1007, better than a boring grey one
Old 13-03-12, 12:01 AM   #6
Inactive User

Its not my car its someones on qashqai forum my cars silver but the bike carriers they do colours to match the cars .

This was his post

Hi all , just purchased this bikecarrier ( SARIS Bones 3 ) which fits perfectly on the Qashqai ( and my wife's C4 Picasso).
This is a great alternative to having a towball-type carrier , no expense for towball fitting unless you use it for towing other things.
Really easy to fit and dismantle and the struts can be placed on the boot sill or as pictured below.
The guys I bought it from was extremely helpful and claims to be one of the biggest suppliers of Saris cycle carriers in the UK.
Includes FREE shipping.Smile
Old 27-04-12, 12:04 PM   #7
Inactive User

I got the Saris Bones 3 in the end, in what my partner calls a puke green colour :-).

I havent used it yet as although we have owned the 1007 about 2 years I have only just realised the top part of the tailgate is glass so am worried about using the middle and top metal clamp things and then the glass shatters when I go over a bump or something.

Anyone used a rack like that, are my concerns unfounded?
Old 14-05-12, 08:50 PM   #8
chopper1192

Every year I go to 3 or 4 incidents where this strap on rubbish has failed and dumped cycles all over an inevitably fast road ( they rarely fail in slow traffic for some reason).

Get a tow hitch fitting, or secure them properly on the roof.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-06-12, 10:19 AM   #9
Inactive User

You get a towhitch one that slips in square tubing and a pin secures it and takes less than 5min to take off even for someone that does not posses gr8t strenth and can still pull a small trailer with the correct accessories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thunderstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in