1007 in eco mode and car wont start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-01-19, 11:22 AM   #1

Default 1007 in eco mode and car wont start

Hi im new to this forum and was hope someone could help..
i got a 1007 with the sliding doors 06 plate 1.4 semi auto with trip tonic gearbox
i was out for the day Saturday with no problem with the running of the car and gearbox was smooth i parked up closed the doors with the button and locked the car up happy days

The follow day i had the doors open and took out the back seats which included disconnecting two white connections under the seat (dont know what the connections was for ) when finish i got into the car which started with no problems i drove about 500 yards and thats when the problems started
the dash flash up
warning of things shutting down
which included power steering and abs car got heavy fast as i was only doing 30 mph i pulled over turned the car off and back on again which is when the economy mode flashed up on the dash and the snowflake gearbox vault flashed up and the car even tho in N will not start when turning the key to postion 2 there is a clicking sound coming from the passanger side of the engine bay and starter motor not turn turn unless i put a spanner between the postive and the small wire on the starter but it it still dont fire up any idea guys need all the help i can get many thanks john
Johnblack8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-01-19, 12:24 PM   #2

Hi...welcome to the forum....I've moved your post to the correct forum as you added it to a '307' forum...I think you need to check the voltage in the battery and the charging rate let us know?...have you reconnected the two white connectors.welcome again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-01-19, 08:51 PM   #3

As above I would check white plugs maybe they did not reconnect fully or a pin bent. There is a good chance it maybe fuel pump feed

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Old 30-01-19, 05:12 PM   #4

Check the plugs All good battery was checked by a snap on tester all good I took the alternator off a took it to be checked they changed the regulator as it was faulty refitted it but still no change
Old 30-01-19, 09:14 PM   #5

Have you done the beep test. Eco mode could be masking a fault did you connect the plugs under the seat correctly.

Why did you need to take seat out was it to fix anything else. It sounds like a maxi fuse or similar has blown and BSI etc is not powering up all circuits such as ecu or
Immobiliser some models will not crank if ecu is not powered up

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 31-01-19, 12:53 PM   #6

You 100% sure the battery is good & fully charged?

Main power connections to battery, + cable to engine fuse box, alternator & main - on to gearbox plus bodyshell all clean & tight?

All fuses checked with a multi meter?

Sounds like it needs someone with Peugeot Planet to global scan the car & see what's happening.

Last edited by Mr Lee; 31-01-19 at 12:55 PM.
Mr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-19, 09:40 AM   #7

To me it sounds like battery no charging and not enough charge in battery to start, simple test would be put battery on charger over night then try start again after charging battery, if it starts then clearly a charging issue
Old 02-02-19, 06:27 PM   #8

Battery was test by snap on battery ok had the regulator changed on the alternator no change took the fuel line of the injector and cranked the engine no fuel coming through the line the petrol pump clicks when turned on but you can't hear the fuel priming the engine think maybe fuel cut-off switch or immobiliser or even fuel pump but don't know where to find the fuel cut-off switch to start my test any ideas
Old 02-02-19, 08:36 PM   #9

Have you done the BEEP TEST?
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-19, 10:08 AM   #10

Thanks beep test done and is ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in