1007 drivers door doesn't work elecrically - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-03-11, 10:30 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1007 drivers door doesn't work elecrically

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle..lol..

Right here goes, basically just got a 55 plate 1007 and the drivers door does not work electrically but can be opened and closed manually, all i get when i try the switches is the error message on the dash saying right front door error.

I've trawled the net but can't find any concrete information, so any pointers would be great, I've cleaned contacts taken off door cover and cfan't see anything obvious.

What i did do was take the fuse out of the passenger side which works perfectly and of course the door didn't work electrically after fuse removed although the electrical "catch" thats on the car body that moves to pull the door in the final 5mm works, when the passenger door is openend manually again the "catch can be seen moving the 5mm a couple of seconds after the door has been opened. The point is that the same thing does not happen on the drivers side, hence I'm wondering if this is where the problem lies or would this not work if the fault lies elsewhere..

I've trawled the net but got nothing concrete!! Would an elecrical diagnosis identify the problem? Apparently the fault used to be intermittent but now simply nothing.. are there relays or ecu's that i could test/swop?

just trying to avoid a open cheque visit to a dealer!! Any help much appreciated

Regards Miles
smiley111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-11, 05:37 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi Miles

I have the same problem !!

It all started with the driver door, and although I could open it manually is was a real pain so I went to a Peugeot dealership, maybe a mistake, they told me the Actuator ..... motor, had gone, and to have a new one fitted was a mere 580.00 !!! bargin, now the passenger door has stopped working
, I have tried the fuses and everything i can think of.
I am going to take it to a local garage who deals with Peugeot, he said it may just be a wire or something simple, I'll keep this thread updated when I know more.

Ian
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-11, 08:11 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi Ian,

In my case it was the actuator, its a small plastic part that is located behind the door panel as part of the internal door handle, there dead easy to change and are only 45 from main dealer, (No need to take the door off or anything just pull off the internal door panel, then take the inside handle off the door and its the only electical part on the handle) and there not sided so can swop from side to side if one side is working ok as a check, I had a diagnostic from a peugeot main dealer that came up with the diagnosis, I'd guess if youve been told its an actuator thats prob right but when theyve looked up the part theyve looked up the actual motor that moves the door.. good luck
smiley111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-05-11, 08:46 PM   #4
davidireland

A car that there is not alot of info about. They stopped making them as they never sold.
Pm me the last eight numbers of chassis. I know there is a procedure for learning the doors somewhere on servicebox.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-05-11, 11:12 PM   #5
Inactive User

learning the doors ive never heard of that????
be 1 of 3 things
door actuator as explained very easy to replace behind inner door handle...
contact switches(piano keys) on door it self
or u could have the very awakard 1 the actually door lock mech inside the door... door must be removed for this.... not cheap...
Knockoff al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-07-11, 05:34 PM   #6
Inactive User

Hi there

I have a 1007 with drivers door problems. The pull in motor works most of the time but the main sliding part hasn't worked for a while.

The actuator on the door handle sounds like the easiest thing to look at but not sure if the pull in motor would still work?

Any extra info, service manual extracts would be greatly appreciated.

It's the last time I let my other half choose a car )

Ian
Meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-18, 08:31 PM   #7

Default 1007 door close

the right hand door on my 1007 closes as soon as it opens. When i operate the dash switch to open it and then again the door stops ( as it should) then another press starts it to open again , but then it still closes immediately it fully opens. when closing it will not stop if pressure is applied, this is so dangerous as it can ( and has) caught me in the door.
doug237 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in