1007 dead locked and flat battery - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-02-13, 03:25 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 1007 dead locked and flat battery

Hi, ive got a 1007 and the battery went flat. when i try and use the key in the lock it will not unlock. So i cannot open any doors or release the bonnet to jump start etc. Any ideas on how to open it up?
tallington20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-02-13, 06:53 PM   #2
Stubbo

Some ideas might crop up in here..

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...26/#post145059
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-02-13, 06:57 PM   #3

ANOTHER one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-15, 02:36 PM   #4
Inactive User

Default Locked out

Hi

My Peugot 1007 has a flat battery and I can't unlock the doors to pop the bonnet and charge it.
Penni is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-15, 07:33 PM   #5
Ginger Magic

Hi, copied this from an earlier thread.

'Jack up the front of the car, remove the lower engine cover ( if you have one ), find the starter motor, connect the red jump-lead to the large termnal( the one with the nut on it ) the other to a good earth, then connect to a second battery, the remote locking should now work.
Cheers john'

Hope this helps.
matty879 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-15, 08:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penni View Post
Hi

My Peugot 1007 has a flat battery and I can't unlock the doors to pop the bonnet and charge it.
What's happening when you use the key in the door?
Old 22-03-16, 04:06 PM   #7
Inactive User

Angry

I have a Peugeot 1007 Diesel and I am locked out of the car. The battery is in very good condition - the buttons on the key (also new battery) do nothing except trigger a message on the dash saying "Economy Mode Active". The manual lock on the driver's door does nothing - have been told that the only way into the car is to smash a window - Surely this is not correct - would Peugeot design such a car - this is dangerous.

Things tried so far:
- Got bonnet open - way to do this is to remove the under-engine cover and slip your hand up and pull on the release cable.
- Battery was in perfect, charged condition - even tried connecting to a friend's car to ensure power - no luck.
- removed all fuses - all intact and ok
- disconnected battery and waited 24 hours.... no luck...
- Called RAC - spent an hour.... - forced apart top of door - with a bar, pulled inside door handles and pressed lock button - no luck - removed all cables from ECU.... gave up
Phoned Peugeot Customer services - nice, but only resolution.... you've got it, remove or break a window.....

So, thanks Peugeot for designing an inanimate lump of useless metal.
Lynton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-03-16, 07:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynton View Post
I have a Peugeot 1007 Diesel and I am locked out of the car. The battery is in very good condition - the buttons on the key (also new battery) do nothing except trigger a message on the dash saying "Economy Mode Active". The manual lock on the driver's door does nothing - have been told that the only way into the car is to smash a window - Surely this is not correct - would Peugeot design such a car - this is dangerous.

Things tried so far:
- Got bonnet open - way to do this is to remove the under-engine cover and slip your hand up and pull on the release cable.
- Battery was in perfect, charged condition - even tried connecting to a friend's car to ensure power - no luck.
- removed all fuses - all intact and ok
- disconnected battery and waited 24 hours.... no luck...
- Called RAC - spent an hour.... - forced apart top of door - with a bar, pulled inside door handles and pressed lock button - no luck - removed all cables from ECU.... gave up
Phoned Peugeot Customer services - nice, but only resolution.... you've got it, remove or break a window.....

So, thanks Peugeot for designing an inanimate lump of useless metal.
im a vehicle locksmith and come across this and the method i used was to either take the blade out of the key or cut another blade then do what rac did and put blade in ignition using a bit of wire and then turn on and wind window down, then you can press unlock button or put full key in ignition

if the key does not turn in door lock then either the lock has seized or its wrong lock (i have seen a car with wrong door lock fitted from factory)
Old 22-03-16, 07:53 PM   #9

FWIW with Peugeot, normally the safety logic built in to the BSI unit will automatically remove the deadlocks if the ignition is switched ON.

Works on a multiplexed 206, might work on a 1007 & other PSA products.

No idea if the transponder chip inside the key is the reason why OR if just turning the ignition on is the trigger.
Mr Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-03-16, 09:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lee View Post
FWIW with Peugeot, normally the safety logic built in to the BSI unit will automatically remove the deadlocks if the ignition is switched ON.

Works on a multiplexed 206, might work on a 1007 & other PSA products.

No idea if the transponder chip inside the key is the reason why OR if just turning the ignition on is the trigger.
Well it's easier to fit just a blade in and then wind windows down as you can do anything through windows the
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in