1.4hdi Glow Plug relay location - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 1007
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-19, 06:45 AM   #1

Default 1.4hdi Glow Plug relay location

Hi guys!
We have 56reg 1007 and it is struggling to start when engine is cold, especially now, after temperature drops below 5 degrees. I plugged it to pp2000 and there is a permanent fault on glow plug relay. Also, I never seen it turning the glow plug light on the instrument cluster. That makes me to think it needs new relay for a start.
The question is, where abouts that relay located in our cars and how is it looking like? I seen there are two parts in internet, one looks like a long but thin black relay box and the other is more like a voltage regulator with a heatsink and is more like square. Which one do I need and where to find it on 1007?
I read about 206’s and they have this relays on the back of the battery housing but I imagine our engine bays are different. If someone can drop a picture of the relay that would be a great help! Thank you!
Bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-19, 08:28 AM   #2

At 5 degrees the glow plugs wont work anyway they would come on for half second at most they are NOT needed to start a modern diesel unless in the minuses you rarely see the light.

If its hard to start its probably not the glowplugs

They do help with warm up from cold and are on for up to 3 mins from cold for this purpose but light is NOT on at these times so you would never know as for relay location they get mounted in all sorts of places around passenger headlight/battery area
Old 06-01-19, 10:25 AM   #3

Hmm... that’s something new...thanks for the info.. our car always was fussy to start at winter, as colder it gets as worse it starts. Now it needs at least 2, sometimes 3 attempts 4-5 seconds of crank, to start. When temperatures above 7-8 degrees starts first time every time... its been like that for last 3 years. I always thought the glow plugs are at fault... didn’t know they aren’t needed to start it up. What else could it be? Battery was replaced few years ago, I put exide premium 72ah. But even then car was doing the same thing when it was cold

Old 06-01-19, 10:29 AM   #4

If it was a 2 litre i would blame the starter as its a known issue on these but 1.6 engines dont seem to suffer weak starters as often if i were to guess i would say the cold is affecting the fuel pipes and air is getting past a weak seal to test this theory you would need to open the bonnet find the primer and prime the plunger a few times before starting.

If doing that helps then you have a slight air leak into the fuel pipework this IS a common issue on 1.6 engines
Old 06-01-19, 10:39 AM   #5

Sorry, I think I confused you, mine is only 1.4hdi. 68bhp. Can confirm that car was bought with doddgy starter motor and it had been replaced with the new one. I now remember, the pipe which goes on the turbo, the thick rubber one, has a crack in it. I bought the new one but haven’t fitted yet, would that affect starting?
Old 06-01-19, 02:28 PM   #6

No im not confused im just stating the 2 litre starters are weak the 1.4/1.6 not so much doubt the pipe would make much difference i also would not discount a starter just because its been replaced but its unlikely
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in