peugeot partner 2001 1.9D glowplugs - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidireland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-11-10, 03:40 PM   #1

Red face peugeot partner 2001 1.9D glowplugs

Afternoon people

Need some help so come to this lady's resque and help me see the light!

need to put in new glowplugs but its turning out to be an expedition of sorts and the garage wont tell me anything so im hoping someone on here has some helpfull info for me

I have a PeugPart 2001 1.9D and I already got the topcover of the engine and i can see (if i twist myself like a twit) where 2 of the plugs are located...getting at them ? whole different problem since the plastic exhaust thingy (sorry dont know the name) is in the way... (4 way plastic manifold that goes into the exhaust leading down the back of the engine)

now how do i remove this thing ? it appears to be pushed into the exhaust at 4 points...plastic pipes go into the steel pipes so im thinking if i get the plastic part loose i could pull it out ? but i cant get the plastic part loose! took the 4 bolts out that i could find but still something is holding it in place...can anyone please help me ? I have to do all the work on my car myself since i cant pay to take it to a garage...is there a special trick to this ?

whoever helps me will have my undying and eternal gratitude !

thanks in advance

Alice
Ppartner2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-11-10, 03:26 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Lots of spray oil and a lever, it'll come out.
Don't forget to remove the rubber pipes from the erg valve to not damage them.
davidireland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-11-10, 05:34 PM   #3

thanks m8

got the egr of and gave that a bit of a clean as well and everything worked as a charm...the manifold was just really stuck that was all but i appreciate the help

Now im thinking if this doesnt help then it might be the relay ? engine otherwise is running smooth and perfect, plugs looked like they took a beating... put a new battery in last month so cant be that.....

Anyways...spose ill find out come morning wont i

if It still wont start properly is there a way to check the relay or should I just throw a new one in there ? Im thinking the relay works like a giant fuse of sorts ? or has a large fuse inside it ?
Old 01-12-10, 08:35 PM   #4

and ofcourse the glowplugs was a nice addition but did not make any difference....ordered a new preglowrelay that i have to pick up in the morning...if that dont fix it im going to go sit in a corner and try not to scream ffs....
Old 02-12-10, 10:36 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Did you test the glowplugs before taking them out?
join a few feet of wire onto the battery positive terminal and touch the other end of the wire off the threaded part of each heather plug. If there is a little spark then that plug is ok, if no spark them plug is shot.
sterion75 likes this.
davidireland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-10, 05:41 PM   #6

glowplugs new, checked and working...added new preglowrelay and waiting to see if that makes a difference...the thing is tho...car start perfectly fine untill you reach -0.5 degrees C outside...then i have to wait for preglow several times and then start engine and just wait untill it runs which is quite a long time...temp goes above -0.5 degrees ? starts again like a charm...once the car starts its fine and i can go about my day and do my thing untill engine cools of again and the whole drama restarts....am hoping the preglowrelay fixed the issue since if it didnt i have sweet **** all clue where to look to next
Old 30-12-10, 10:30 AM   #7

Default fixed !

Well it took a while but the issue has been solved

im the proud owner of a dw8b engine which seems to suffer from valve issues and boyyyy did it suffer from it...800 euros down the line and its fixed, engine starts without any troubles what so ever, had to have the valves adjusted and since that ment taking of the cambelt i had that renewed aswell as the multibelt, waterpump and anything in the direct area.

valve measurements were

In 0

Out 35

Out 35

In 0

In 0

Out 30

Out 30

In 5

a total mess as you can see. but its fixed now and the car actualy runs like its sposed to run so im happy and thats that....

wishing all of you a happy new year and hope its a good one for ya
Old 30-12-10, 09:47 PM   #8

It's nice to have a happy ending.
PureJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-11, 02:46 PM   #9

Hi, I've jsut had to the inlet valve clearance on my mothers Partner because of anon statr issue. Starts brilliantly now, however it wouldn't pull the skin of a custard. What I mean is its slooooooooooooooooow.

0 to 60 in about 30 seconds..

Are they all like that out of the box?

Barry.
barrydoram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.