Gear Box linkage Problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-12-09, 05:27 PM   #1

Default Gear Box linkage Problems

Hi i am having a problem with my Boxer gears. I can no longer select 3rd 4th 5th or reverse. I think it is a linkage problem as the gear stick has been getting stiff and i was having to use quite alot of force to get it into gear.

From reading a few bits hear and there it seems this is a common problem with the boxer gear linkage. Can anyone tell me where to start looking? Is there a easy fix for this?

Looking forward to you responses!
fogg5446 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-12-09, 10:31 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to antileinilt
Default Gear Box linkage Problems

Is it only in certain gears? my syncro was screwd in 3rd so it was cruching most of the time going into that gear and over the course of a few months it got worse, bout a month ago it wouldnt go into reverse and all the "up" gears had problems so its time for me for a new gearbox.

So it may be a syncro if its just in ceratin gears.

Bow
Old 15-02-10, 03:17 PM   #3

Well, i have finnaly fixed the problem with the boxer gears so i thought i would share my findings incase anyone else has this problem. The problem turned out to be a seized part that moved the selector going into the gearbox up and down. This part is part of the gearbox mount so i was able to take out the entire mount and unseize this part and re grease etc.

Its now all back on and working fine, here are some pictures of the part that was seized if anyone wants to take a look.

(i havent made enought posts to post the pictures sorry! will upload at a later date)
Old 15-02-10, 04:09 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Good stuff , await photos
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-02-10, 07:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogg5446

(i havent made enought posts to post the pictures sorry! will upload at a later date)
You could always join photobucket & upload the photo's to there then just post the direct link to them.

Example: http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m...Peugeot307.jpg
steve m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-02-10, 10:39 PM   #6

Yeah i do have a photo bucket account, it just need to make 5 posts on here before i can put in a link for some reason. I will make some more posts and then uploads then
Old 15-02-10, 11:36 PM   #7

At least you sorted your problem out, the 3 gear syncromesh, clutch & flywheel had to be done all at the same time & cost me 1200 back in September so it's nice to see it didn't cost you an arm & a leg.
steve m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-02-10, 08:02 AM   #8

Yeah the great thing is steve it didn't cost me a penny! Which is always a good thing! And the gear change feels better than ever now, i think it must of been getting worse ever since i bought the van.
Old 25-02-10, 05:03 PM   #9

Question new to this forum

my 2003 2lthdi has always hadstiff gears but has got very hard toget reverse
and 5th the gate is very stiff you have to pull the leaver back throught the gate there seems to be no spring in the centre any help before the garage
tomo
celtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-02-10, 05:30 PM   #10

Sound like the same problem i had, if you open the bonnet and take out the air box and all the piping you can get to the gear selector where you should see something like this:

The part that is attached to the gearbox mount it the part that seizes up, mine was tottaly seized but it may be possible to get some wd40 in there and free it up, if not its not to difficult to remove the entire gearbox mount and everything comes with it. Just remember to support the gearbox with a jack!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.