expert key programming - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-10, 10:07 PM   #1

Default expert key programming

Tried to code an expert key tonight but had no luck. Selected the programme option for keys in planet but then all that was displayed was input at the top of the page and at the bottom it said programming the access code. I had no option to input the transponder code as i have done with 307's and 207's. Any ideas????
Advertisement

Old 18-07-10, 10:17 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooankski
Tried to code an expert key tonight but had no luck. Selected the programme option for keys in planet but then all that was displayed was input at the top of the page and at the bottom it said programming the access code. I had no option to input the transponder code as i have done with 307's and 207's. Any ideas????
Send me your vin i think theres another code but i`m not sure , will make a couple of calls.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-07-10, 11:17 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Sorry mate i had no luck will try another guy tomorrow , i was thinking of this -the mechanical code !!!!

when you put a modern key in the ignition of your car two things happen. One is the car communicates electronically with a chip in the head of the key called a transponder. It's basically an electronic password that lets the car know itís the right key and it enables various electric components of the car. Without the right transponder, the car won't start.

The second thing that happens is when you insert the key into the ignition all the "teeth" on the key move metal disks up and down until they form a correct pattern and let the key turn, same as in your front door lock but lot more complex. This makes the "mechanical" part of the key, if you have the right transponder and the wrong mechanical key, car wonít start, same thing the other way around.

If you lose all your keys to your car, the first step we need to do is make a mechanical key for your car, a car that opens your doors and turns your ignition but won't start the car because we havenít programmed the transponder yet.
Old 19-07-10, 01:00 AM   #4

afaik if you are trying to re-code an existing key (from 04 onwards) it cannot be reprogrammed twice.....correct me if i'm wrong...
Old 26-07-10, 07:03 PM   #5

Default key programming

hi its my van zooanksi tried to program. the remote central locking stopped working.changed battery. nothing. the van unlocks manually.starts. drives.so i put it down to the circuit board in the fob. so i bought a second hand one of ebay thinking that it could be re programmed but when zooanksi[marc]tried it wouldnt let him enter the code .i have both sets of keys all origonal the drivers door barrel just goes round and round now and its a pain unlocking it from the passenger side and walking round to the drivers side. big thanks to zooanksi [marc]for all his help so far. if any member can help it would be much appreciated thanks .murdy67
murdy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-10, 09:21 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdy67
hi its my van zooanksi tried to program. the remote central locking stopped working.changed battery. nothing. the van unlocks manually.starts. drives.so i put it down to the circuit board in the fob. so i bought a second hand one of ebay thinking that it could be re programmed but when zooanksi[marc]tried it wouldnt let him enter the code .i have both sets of keys all origonal the drivers door barrel just goes round and round now and its a pain unlocking it from the passenger side and walking round to the drivers side. big thanks to zooanksi [marc]for all his help so far. if any member can help it would be much appreciated thanks .murdy67
Right lets go back to basics ,the old favourite wd40 , your barrel has seized get alot of lubrication in there to see if it frees up , your fob have you checked the batteries , new ones in if so are they in the right way and do they show 3v`s.

Just checked with someone there if you had the same vehicle circuit board it should have worked how sure are you the guy sold you the right one and if you get one of dealer it will cost £50.
Old 27-07-10, 06:34 PM   #7

Angry key programming

thanks bettyswollocks. changed the battery with new one from halfords same no.no differance. the secondhand circuit board and fob i bought of ebay is identical to mine but it would have been programmed to the origonal van .u must be able to re program them. if i bought one from a dealer it would still have to have it programmed to my van.i just dont want to give the dealer£120 plus any help much appreciated murdy67
murdy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-07-10, 12:58 AM   #8

From what I understand the chip on the PCB is a "write-once" chip. i.e. once one code has been put in, no other code can be entered.

A friend of mine used to design programs for the chip in this type of key (BMWs IIRC). He said that he designed into it various traps to prevent reprogramming with a new code or the key being 'read' without a separate code.

Why not phone a dealer, and speak with a mechanic about this problem?

A thought is that the revolving barrel and the central locking problem are linked. AFAIK, the central locking will not work if any one of the locks does not work.
PureJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-09-10, 12:22 PM   #9

Dear all, re. the comments below about possible "write once" nature of chip/transponder in plip keys.
Can anyone confirm this as if it is true then surely there's no point in buying second hand keys to reprogram to match your vehicle?
I've been scouring the forum for key related stuff as I've got a 307 coming only one key. Can anyone confirm they have successfully reprogrammed a used key to match another Peugeot?
I know I can get a blade and fob with chip etc, I've even been in contact with a local guy with Planet but I need to know it CAN BE DONE.
I may repost this elsewhere in the forum if I don't get a reply.

many thanks in advance all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureJoe
From what I understand the chip on the PCB is a "write-once" chip. i.e. once one code has been put in, no other code can be entered.

A friend of mine used to design programs for the chip in this type of key (BMWs IIRC). He said that he designed into it various traps to prevent reprogramming with a new code or the key being 'read' without a separate code.

Why not phone a dealer, and speak with a mechanic about this problem?

A thought is that the revolving barrel and the central locking problem are linked. AFAIK, the central locking will not work if any one of the locks does not work.
danrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-09-10, 06:37 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrkelly
Dear all, re. the comments below about possible "write once" nature of chip/transponder in plip keys.
Can anyone confirm this as if it is true then surely there's no point in buying second hand keys to reprogram to match your vehicle?
I've been scouring the forum for key related stuff as I've got a 307 coming only one key. Can anyone confirm they have successfully reprogrammed a used key to match another Peugeot?
I know I can get a blade and fob with chip etc, I've even been in contact with a local guy with Planet but I need to know it CAN BE DONE.
I may repost this elsewhere in the forum if I don't get a reply.

many thanks in advance all.
As far as i am aware no-one on here has done it ,but that could be for a number or reasons ,why not try and hopefully you can tell us its possible, the guy with planet shouldn`t charge you if it can`t be done ,worst case scenario is sell the fob again on ebay .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.