2015 Partner Cruise Control - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-15, 10:23 AM   #1

Default 2015 Partner Cruise Control

Hi all,

I know cruise control has been well covered in this forum, I used it before to add cruise control to my 2010 207.

Work have just bought a 2015 plate Partner, lovely van, no cruise control

Just wondering if anyone has managed this on the new van? Or if anyone has any ideas / suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-15, 10:38 AM   #2

should be same
Old 09-12-15, 01:57 PM   #3

Can't say if it's possible on something that new but I fitted cruise control on my 61 plate 308. Was a bit trickier to get working than on either of my 307's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-16, 12:08 PM   #4

For anybody that finds this thread.

I just managed to fit cruise control to the Van without any issues at all using Diagbox 7.44

I used part number 6242Z9 available Here (at time of writing)

Removed the steering wheel trim with 2 x T20 screws from underneath. Remove the steering wheel cover (note that its easier to pull the steering wheel position lock to open here to move things around.)

Removed the blanking plate from the stalk slot.

Plugged the stalk in.

Opened Diagbox. Went to Peugeot Partner (B9). Delivery to customer -> Accessories -> Cruise Control -> Installation of Cruise control. Follow the on screen prompts... 60 seconds later it is working.

At this point I drove the van to test it was working (a good idea before cutting the whole in the steering wheel shroud). Note that you have to be in 4th / 5th gear to activate cruise control. And you don't start cruise control by pressing Start/Stop. You do it using the speed control buttons on the back.

All worked fine. Cut out the pre-marked slot from the steering wheel shroud. Put it all back together. Note the bottom of the shroud has a small clip to keep it in place. Make sure this is in. Put the 2 x T20 screws back in.

JOB DONE! Here are some pictures:

Front:

Side:

Screen:

Enjoy!
Gibbo likes this.

PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-17, 08:01 PM   #5

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info on this thread. I don't know if you can give me any advice; I have just fitted a stalk to my Partner Tepee B9 S (59 plate), but am having problems getting it working. It is the one with both cruise and speed limit (6242Z8)

Using Diagbox 7.02 I do not have 'Cruise Control' in the 'Deliver to Customer' section. Looking at other threads I saw that I could manually do this by going to the BSI page and selecting 'Cruise Control + Speed Limiter' and then going to the ECU page and selecting Active on the Cruise Control and the Speed Limiter lines.

Both functions show up on the dashboard, but I don't seem to be able to preselect a cruise speed or a limit speed. When the cruise control buttons are pushed the radio display comes up with "Cruise Control Impossible".

Do you think there is anything else I need to do? I have the 'S' version of the partner, do you know if this lacks switches etc that might have been standard on yours?

Many thanks for your help,

Tim
timmythedog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-03-17, 08:37 PM   #6

Some vehicles have a third place to activate cruise control. If memory serves me right it's in the MFD ecu. It may not be the same on the Tepee though.

On my 308, the option in delivery to customer is hidden in driver aids or something worded very similar. Using the deliver to customer was the easiest way to get it working on mine.

Old 20-03-17, 07:54 AM   #7

Try this.
It should be the same procedure on your car.

https://youtu.be/26iR004BD78
barbaren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-03-17, 11:19 AM   #8

Thanks for the video.

I have Diagbox v7.02 and it reverts to this for my Partner Tepee B9 (for my wife's older 206 it selects Planet), so the menus are all a bit different.

In Diagbox I have set these functions:
BSI: Cruise control = Cruise control and Speed Limiter
ECU: Cruise Control = Active, Speed limiter = Active

The good news is that the Cruise Control is all up and running. It switches off happily either on the stalk button or by the brake or clutch pedals. Thank you!

However; the Speed Limiter function is still not working. With the car stationry I switch to speed limiter on the stalk, the display shows speed limiter off, it also very briefly flashes 18MPH before the speed window changes to flashing '--'.

I understand that I need an accelerator pedal with a 'kick down' switch if I want the ability to override the speed limit setting. I don't presently have this type of pedal. I read on another thread that it was possible to use the speed limiter with a normal pedal (you just loose the override function - which I am happy with).

Any ideas if a Partner Tepee S (B9) 59 plate should be able to have speed limiter enabled without a change of pedal? If so, what I might be doing wrong?

Many thanks.
Old 20-03-17, 06:12 PM   #9

My 61 plate 308 will not entertain speed limiting without the kick down pedal. I simply enable cruise without the limiter and just use the stalk for cruise. I personally don't like speed limiters. I had it on a company Honda FRV and the few occasions I used it I forgot I had switched it on and started to panic when the car wouldn't respond to my pressing the accelerator pedal. After 3 or 4 times this happened I decided speed limiter wasn't for me

Old 21-03-17, 10:32 AM   #10

Thanks for this info storeman - very useful.

Do you know if there is any way of fooling the ECU into thinking I have a kick down pedal?
Is the kick down switch on a separate connector that I could put a dummy switch on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.