2007 partner 1.6 hdi turbo bearing collapse - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Vans
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-12-13, 11:33 PM   #1

Default 2007 partner 1.6 hdi turbo bearing collapse

hi there,

i have a 2007 peugeot partner van 68.000 on the clock which has been great up until recently a few things went funny, firstly i was driving to the local town one morning and the turbo stopped working, i was instructed by my mechanic to look at the pipes of the airflow into the turbo and low and behold the inlet was off due to knackered seal, i then fixed this and was fine for about 200 miles.

then the other day it whined like hell and stopped halfway up the snow covered mountain!, no power again the engine oil light and the big STOP light came on, i got home and took turbo off to investigate, it appears the bearing has gotten so hot and has cracked in two, very neatly, this was stopping the exhaust turbine from spinning, the inlet turbine was free but the two nuts holding it on were gone!

on deeper inspection i saw that the oil and filter were very black and some sludge was present but not much so i drained the oil and will now flush the engine through, my question is am i ok to just but the turbo cartridge as the other parts are clean and not coked up? i will also be taking off the sump and the gauze for the pick up also the banjo bolts were immaculate!? i think the cause of death was a lack of idling before i ever stopped the van and leaving the inlet hose off for to long maybe also i dont know when it was last serviced.... any info would be so much appreciated as im off for christmas now and have the van in bits!

many thanks in anticipation.

steve
steve BGM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.