Peugeot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RE-SYNCH keys

140K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  Moley 
#1 ·
WARNING DO THIS AT OWN RISK

Step 1
Open drivers window & prop up bonnet, close all doors and windows except drivers window & bonnet.

Step2
Put key in ignition (through drivers open window) and start the car.

Step 3
Turn off car and remove key (through drivers open window) DO NOT OPEN ANY OTHER DOORS OR WINDOWS

Step 4
Wait until mileage display goes out. Then wait another 3 minutes

Step 5
Disconnect the Positive (+) on the battery terminal. BONNET SHOULD BE OPEN AND PROPPED UP BY NOW. IF NOT RESTART PROCEDURE

Step 6
Wait 5 minutes. After the time has elapsed, Reconnect the battery LEAVING THE BONNET OPEN

Step 7
Wait 10 seconds after battery reconnection, then turn on and off your SIDELIGHTS Through the drivers open window. DO NOT OPEN ANY WINDOWS OR DOORS

Step 8
Put key in igniton, start car and hold the lock button on the key/fob for 20seconds. THROUGH OPEN WINDOW

Step 9
turn off the car, remove the key. The remote alarm and central locking will work from the keyfob.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are now finished!!!

For the second fob, start fromStep8 . All the fobs must be reprogrammed in under 10minutes of battery reconnection.

MAKE SURE ALL FOBS HAVE A WORKING BATTERY BEFORE DOING THIS. FOLLOW THE STEPS CAREFULLY TO AVOID CORRUPTION OF THE SOFTWARE WITHIN THE BSI. CORRUPTION OF THE BSI CAN CAUSE SYSTEMS WITHIN THE CAR TO MALFUNCTION OR NOT WORK PROPERLY.

See less See more
#2 ·
re-synch

I have a 406 R98 which i'm told is a mark one , i have also been told today by the main agent that the procedure listed will only work for mark 2's,he claimed that the mark one had the key and receiver are twined and i need to replace both, slightly annoying as i have just got a replacement fob and although i have done a procedure very close to the one listed sure enough nothing happened (re; remote locking won't work, car starts no problem ).I will try your method but i don't hold out much hope.Is the main agent right or was he really trying to get a sale ?HELP !! Thanks

#3 ·
Hi, has this method been tested to work with a Citroen Dispatch? I am trying to program another RCL key fob I bought off ebay. The key obviously does not fit the ignition, I am just trying to program it to use the RCL function (not to start the engine). Is this possible? I have an original (working) key fob.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#11 ·
WARNING DO THIS AT OWN RISK

Step 1
Open drivers window & prop up bonnet, close all doors and windows except drivers window & bonnet.

Step2
Put key in ignition (through drivers open window) and start the car.

Step 3
Turn off car and remove key (through drivers open window) DO NOT OPEN ANY OTHER DOORS OR WINDOWS

Step 4
Wait until mileage display goes out. Then wait another 3 minutes

Step 5
Disconnect the Positive (+) on the battery terminal. BONNET SHOULD BE OPEN AND PROPPED UP BY NOW. IF NOT RESTART PROCEDURE

Step 6
Wait 5 minutes. After the time has elapsed, Reconnect the battery LEAVING THE BONNET OPEN

Step 7
Wait 10 seconds after battery reconnection, then turn on and off your SIDELIGHTS Through the drivers open window. DO NOT OPEN ANY WINDOWS OR DOORS

Step 8
Put key in igniton, start car and hold the lock button on the key/fob for 20seconds. THROUGH OPEN WINDOW

...snip...

I was following the steps here and accidentally had the ignition off when I pressed the lock button. So the car locked up (closing the drivers window and nearly taking my arm off).

So the keys are now locked in, the bonnet is still up. Is there any way I can get in?

(I've no other keys, the wife has lost the main key which I why I was trying to program the spare - it's never worked).

#16 ·
I forgot to check for replies in the drama. Got a mate who's an RAC man to come out and do the coathanger trick. Luckily it wasn't deadlocked.

Also luckily the primary keys were found so technically all worked out well.

Only issue is the car. Have advised the missus to trade up for something like a 1980's Lada. It'll be more reliable.

#17 ·
I have 2 keys as normal, both worked, but after replacing the buttons on spare key, i had to remove battery while soldering so it doesnt blow up. after replacing battery the key didnt work anymore.. is this the procedure i need to do to get key buttons to lock/unlock car again?

#19 ·
Outstanding. Went to local Peugeot dealer in Milton Keynes (Perry's) and they were unable to help. In desperation I used this technique and it worked a treat :) .. Much to the amusement (then amazement) of my skeptical family.

Am so grateful I stumbled onto this excellent site/forum.

#22 ·
Can't seem to get my keys to sync.

I first had to program one of the keys with planet.
No probs there followed the planet instructions to sync keys after it never worked.
Followed these they never worked.

Tried new batteries and the sync again
argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Still no joy, I am beginning to think the receiver is knackered and I'm destined to have to put my key in the door n twist it.
I might have to fit a cassette player and manual windows and call it a classic :nono:

#24 ·
I would if I could original key came in bits with a broken circuit board and a blade with the transponder chip taped to it plus a pair of pliers.

Knew I shouldn't of bothered getting the bloke down another £500 and told him to get a key first.

So I have 2 new keys, both working and starting the car but neither sync.

#28 ·
Hey, have you tried this method with a circuit board from a different car?

Bought a 206 (2005) - I have a working key i.e. opens door manually and starts the car.

The previous owner lost the plip key so I have no way of using the remote central locking.

I bought a 206 key with circuit board off ebay but so far have not been able to sync it with the remote central locking. Would this method work?

#27 ·
This Sh t sure works....THX mate

Hi... I bought Peugeot 407 05 Reg about a month ago.... Along with other issues the key fob wasnt working..... which i was tld will work with a new battery..... after finally buying a new battery last weekend n trying the method in the manual to re-boot the fob.... I was gutted tht it didnt work n something must b wrong with the board..... n i will have to pay considerably more than just £4.00 for de battery to make it work....

After bit of googling I came across your post... to be honest i wasnt very sure.... but i decided to give it a go........ n to my surprise.... it worked...... I was over the moon..... lol

Thx mate

Now i need help with "Depollution System Faulty" msg....

Any suggestions r welcomed...

Thx Guys...:thumb:

#30 ·
*sigh* I have a 407 06 plate which I bought with a key but the remote loacking didnt work.

I followed this guide to the letter and it didnt work for me, and now the windows are playing up just sorta closing or opening a few centimetres ech time you press the open/close button lol....just my luck nothing is ever easy :(

#33 ·
Just more of the same.

A 407 2.0 diesel with the old (2005 I think) software.

Went to the motor two days ago, wouldn't unlock with remote/plip <gnash>
Tried the re-sync - nothing
Tried a new battery in the plip - Nothing (OK I wasn't hopeful of this one, as the car wasn't moaning about the key battery and the old one managed a s/c current of 100mA - but hey, they're cheap enough)
Tried doing the car reset as described earlier - success :thumb:

Deliriously happy BUT Just a little nagging thought :confused: as to exactly why the car suddenly decided it was going to sulk and need a reset to talk to the key.
Is there a known reason for this particular (common?) pug 407 problem?
Is a software update to something recent likely to help?

cheers
jim :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.