DTC Code P1198 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > Older Models
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-09, 04:48 PM   #1

Default DTC Code P1198

Hi

New on the site so hope someone can give me some guidance.
I recently had a warning light appear on my 407 "Depollution system faulty". Took it into my local Peugeot dealer and they performed a download and it cleared. 2 weeks later it re-appeared and again I took it to my garage who said it required a new fuel pump at the cost of over 700. At home a friend of mine attached a diagnostic reader which reported a DTC code of P1198 which reads "Pump rotar control underfueling" Do members feel such radical action is required (changing the pump) or is it such a generic fault it could be a smaller problem. At the moment the warning light is no longer there but I wouldn't be surprised if it re-appeared. Has anyone had anything similar?

Thanks for any help
JAECOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-09, 05:06 PM   #2
Super Moderator

would you not notice it in the performance if the fuel pump was knackered ?

how`s it driving ?

my mechanic always wants to know how the car is performing , he say`s the llights /warnings that come on are don`t narrow it down enough ,

i.e last time i had a reading it was no pressure in the pump and none in the rail,
bring it to peugeot they would have changed pump ,

it was a dirty filter !

( i only worry about red lights now )
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-09, 08:32 PM   #3
Peugeot Mod

Is your car diesel or petrol?
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-09, 09:12 AM   #4

My 407 (Diesel) is driving fine and I am tempted to ignore the advice from the garage and just see how it goes. I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were and if anyone had experienced anything simialr. Appreciate your comments so far
JAECOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-11, 05:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAECOM View Post
My 407 (Diesel) is driving fine and I am tempted to ignore the advice from the garage and just see how it goes. I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were and if anyone had experienced anything simialr. Appreciate your comments so far
Yes my wife has a 307HDi with the same fault only thing is hers keeps going into limp home mode. Car drives fine up till then so I think it's going to be a sensor, I have ordered a fuel pressure sensor as thats only 30 and easy to fit not the 750 for the pump. My thinking is if the pump is playing up the car would be playing up when it drives! also it only goes into limp mode when it's warm outside? how can that be a pump.
I'll let you know if the sensor works!
merrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-11, 05:27 PM   #6
Super Moderator

When was the fuel filter changed last?
davidireland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-11, 05:28 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrl View Post
Yes my wife has a 307HDi with the same fault only thing is hers keeps going into limp home mode. Car drives fine up till then so I think it's going to be a sensor, I have ordered a fuel pressure sensor as thats only 30 and easy to fit not the 750 for the pump. My thinking is if the pump is playing up the car would be playing up when it drives! also it only goes into limp mode when it's warm outside? how can that be a pump.
I'll let you know if the sensor works!
The fuel pressure sensor is not supposed to be removed from the rail. It is torqued on for it to work correctly.
Old 09-05-11, 05:35 PM   #8

The car has just had a full services,
When the code was read the first time it said 1138 so I had the wire loom changed as I was told this is a common fault? then that error cleared and it now comes up with 1198, 1199 I think he said.
What setting does the sensor need as I think he may have already removed it?

Regards,
Old 09-05-11, 05:42 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Who knows! Its not supposed to be removed!!
Old 09-05-11, 06:11 PM   #10

why would someone make a sensor that shouldn't be removed and removable?
It was a peugeot engineer that removed it I'll ask him why he removed it when I take it back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.