Peugeot 407 - Depollution System Faulty - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-07, 12:24 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 407 - Depollution System Faulty

Has anybody experienced any problems with the 407 with regard to diagnostic fault reading 'Depollution System Faulty'?

Local dealer clears the fault but seems unable to fix the problem as it reappears quite regularly.
lilyput likes this.
davidcallaghan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-02-07, 04:53 PM   #2
Peugeot Mod

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcallaghan
Has anybody experienced any problems with the 407 with regard to diagnostic fault reading 'Depollution System Faulty'?

Local dealer clears the fault but seems unable to fix the problem as it reappears quite regularly.

a software update from your local pug dealer should sort it out.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-07-07, 04:16 PM   #3

had the same problem 5times new software is crap
dancab1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-07-07, 04:23 PM   #4
Peugeot Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancab1
had the same problem 5times new software is crap

Did the dealer point out any other possibilitys? Lamda sensor or fap filter etc?
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-08, 08:43 AM   #5

Default my 407 petrol

I bought my 407 8 months ago its a petrol 2.0l sport ive had a clutch and gearbox due to both failing,2 front hubs done under warenty due to failure,a electric power steering pump changed due to failure and now my car is back in the garage because the depollution system is affecting my engine managment ive had a new accelerator peddle with all the sensers fitted so the car wont go into limpo mode when it breaks down and now im waiting for peugeot france to to help peugeot manchester in fixing my depollution system when pluged in the car shows a multitude of problams that peugeot were only to quick to erase saying the faults were to random to be faults its all to do with the depollution system please can someone tell me this is normal and i havent made the biggest mistake of my life in buying a peugeot?
marv274 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-08, 08:24 PM   #6

Default De pollution system faulty- My experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcallaghan

I had this fault on my 2004 Peugeot 407 (2.2se auto petrol)
Looked at a few forums and someone suggested that it could be "cheap" supermarket fuel.

Due to the current high fuel prices I was filling up mainly in Sainsbury's.
After reading about the issue in a forum I went to Esso and found the problem to instantly disappear. Please note this could be totaly coincidental but this was my experience- so I am not going to fill up in Sainsbury/Morrisons/etc again!
wzamir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-08, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzamir
I had this fault on my 2004 Peugeot 407 (2.2se auto petrol)
Looked at a few forums and someone suggested that it could be "cheap" supermarket fuel.

Due to the current high fuel prices I was filling up mainly in Sainsbury's.
After reading about the issue in a forum I went to Esso and found the problem to instantly disappear. Please note this could be totaly coincidental but this was my experience- so I am not going to fill up in Sainsbury/Morrisons/etc again!
wzamir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-09, 11:35 AM   #8

Angry Peugeot 407 Depollution system failure

My 407 has this problem at present. Depollution system failure alarm initiated at the same time as engine lost power, felt like it was only firing on 3 cylinders. Took car to Peugeot dealer in Kilmarnock who after connecting Diagnostic equipment (55) agreed it was only firing on 3 cylinders. Then carried out a repair (6" of insulation tape & a cable tie, as wire had burnt thru insulation (another 53)). Guess what happened the next day, yes you guessed it the depollution alarm re-initiated.....
SnapperUK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-09, 06:37 PM   #9

I have just got a 407 136 hdi 57 plate and i got the error message depollution system faulty. took car to dealer who fixed car that day under warranty, was told that the fuel filter housing was broken, a commen fault or so they say.
mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-05-09, 01:19 PM   #10

Hi Mickyboy,

I have the same loss of power/depollution error message occuring. Was it obvious that the fuel filter housing was cracked, could I tell by looking at it or is it worth changing it anyway before I put the car into the garage?

Cheers.
greenep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.