peugeot 307sw depollution system faulty??? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-07, 04:29 PM   #1

Angry peugeot 307sw depollution system faulty???

Has anyone else had any problems like this????

Our car has been in the main dealers for three weeks due to this error message, the turbo packs up once you reach 3,000 rpm.

The main dealers at first said it was the ECU unit replaced the part, gave us the car back and the next day same problem..they then said it was the high pressure fuel pump, still not resolved then they replaced the particulate filter and still the same problem.

Now peugeot are stumped as they do not know what is wrong any idea's on how to get this resolved????
openthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-07, 05:09 PM   #2
Peugeot Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by openthebox
Has anyone else had any problems like this????

Our car has been in the main dealers for three weeks due to this error message, the turbo packs up once you reach 3,000 rpm.

The main dealers at first said it was the ECU unit replaced the part, gave us the car back and the next day same problem..they then said it was the high pressure fuel pump, still not resolved then they replaced the particulate filter and still the same problem.

Now peugeot are stumped as they do not know what is wrong any idea's on how to get this resolved????

Ask them to check the egr valve and the exhaust pressure sensor.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-08, 07:14 PM   #3

Default 307sw depollution system faulty

Hi

Just writing to see if anyone has had a successful conclusion to getting this fault fixed. My 307 has just come back from being diagnostic tested with no obvious fault apparant. My symptom first started with the car faltering when accelerating. Checked air filter and added fuel cleaner to fuel tank. Faltering got steadily worse and was really noticeable when cruise control was selected, you could feel car surging then slowing, then depollution system fault appeared and lost turbo. Depollution fault cleared a couple of times and got turbo back by turning engine off and on again but is now permanetly on. Peugeot dealer not got a clue.
Please help!!!
leelincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-08, 03:28 PM   #4
Peugeot Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelincoln
Hi

Just writing to see if anyone has had a successful conclusion to getting this fault fixed. My 307 has just come back from being diagnostic tested with no obvious fault apparant. My symptom first started with the car faltering when accelerating. Checked air filter and added fuel cleaner to fuel tank. Faltering got steadily worse and was really noticeable when cruise control was selected, you could feel car surging then slowing, then depollution system fault appeared and lost turbo. Depollution fault cleared a couple of times and got turbo back by turning engine off and on again but is now permanetly on. Peugeot dealer not got a clue.
Please help!!!

did the dealer do a diagnostic? if so can you tell us what codes came up?
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-01-08, 07:06 PM   #5

Default 307 sw depollution system fault

Thanks for replying so soon moose,

Car was diagnostic tested but engineer never told me if he had any fail codes. Just told me he had found a loose connector which had fixed the fault. Depollution warning did disappear and car seemed to accelerate ok without faltering, but only for 3-4 miles and then same fault came back. It just feels like not enough fuel is getting to engine. When you accelerate hard the turbo kicks in as normal and it accelerates, but then it falters for a split second before accelerating again for a second then faltering again for another split second again and so on and so on. Car's going back for more diagnostic testing and I will ask for codes this time. Had this fault 2 years ago while car was under warranty, dealer was stumped and replaced a couple of sensors without success until finally they just changed the whole turbo assembly. Fault stayed away until now but I am not shelling out on a turbo on the off chance it fixes it again!!!!
leelincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-08, 09:13 PM   #6

Default p307 swdepolution system

hi just a quick thought on turbo problem, does it have moveable vanes in turbo as lots of other makes suffer with these vanes sticking and when turbo replaced you said it was ok. vw sharan ,ford galaxy to mention a few, if you get a DTC from your next diag check and it says turbo over boosting you can free off vanes rather than buy another turbo.
delj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-12-08, 06:31 PM   #7

I actually have the same problem. I have a 307SW model2007.
The problem comes and goes always accompanied with strong engine vibrations and huge fluctuations in the RPM. Please advise on the conclusion as i don't understand it. Thanks
hegzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-07-09, 12:47 PM   #8

Default DEpollution system fault.

I have just had this fault arise on my 06 307sw, i am in at the garage in a couple of hours, i will try to get the fault codes and post back on here with the diagnostic results.
1aquaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-07-09, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aquaman1
I have just had this fault arise on my 06 307sw, i am in at the garage in a couple of hours, i will try to get the fault codes and post back on here with the diagnostic results.
movable vanes? am I missing something? the vanes are fixed in the turbo???
pugbod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-07-09, 10:45 PM   #10

get all air hoses and air cooler checked from turbo, it could be a split only opening up under presure from the turbo.
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.