How to: Blank EGR Valve - Peugeot 307 90BHP - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-13, 07:54 AM   #1

Default How to: Blank EGR Valve - Peugeot 307 90BHP

As the EGR valve is very difficult to reach to fit a blanking plate on the 90bhp 307s, this is a quick and easy alternative.

Its done by blocking the vacuum pipe that opens and closes the valve. The valve is mounted close to the air filter box, so it much easier to reach.

But, this valve also provides air to the brake servo, so you must take care. Neither I or the forum take any responsibility for any damage or injury that may occur from this modification.

Step 1.

Wait until the engine is cold, which should reset the EGR valve back to the closed position.

It might be worth researching whether a "suck" or "blow" of air closes it and apply some air from a airbed pump or something to ensure its closed.

Step 2.

I'm sure you're familiar with the layout of the engine bay. Here's mine.

Locate the braided pipe containing two vacuum pipes, marked with GREEN arrows in the picture. They run to the brake servo check valve, and to the EGR valve. Follow them all the way to the front of the engine.

Step 3.

You should now see the EGR solenoid valve, marked with a RED arrow.

There should be two outlets on it, a higher one and a lower one. For me the EGR valve was connected to the lower one. Double check that this is the correct pipe by following it back to the EGR valve. It runs behind the engine so you'll need to work blind and use your hands.

Pull the pipe off, marked with a CYAN arrow in my picture, and bring it up towards you.

My picture shows the pipe removed, but there's still something connected. Just ignore that, I'll explain later.

Step 4.

Get a golf tee and stick it into the pipe. I also put a bit of gaffer tape on it to ensure it doesn't fall out.

Now put it back down to the solenoid. Put a bit of tape around the pipes to keep them together.

Step 5.

The "extra" pipe. I don't like the idea of leaving the outlet of the solenoid exposed. So I stuck on a six inch piece of silicone pipe and let it trail:

And that's it. I've done around 2000 miles with mine blanked in this way and experienced no problems. The only thing to be aware of is that you'll get a fault code of P0401 if you do a diagnostic scan. But only if you do a diagnostic - it shouldn't put an engine light on or report an "antipollution fault". The code is for low air flow and if its blanked the flow will be low IE no flow !

UPDATE 07/06/14: Still no problems and passed the MOT. I did read on HDI-TUNING.CO.UK that you "must unplug the blue plug from the EGR solenoid and remove and blank the vacuum hoses that feed the solenoid".

UPDATE: 20/07/14: During a service I decided to unplug the blue electrical plug on the EGR solenoid. I taped up the end to prevent dirt ingress and cable tied it back to the wiring loom so it wasn't trailing. As a result the car has much more low end grunt.

UPDATE: 30/09/14: Still no problems, car running well, getting 20-30 miles more out of a full tank than before.

UPDATE: 11/02/15: Still fine.
Advertisement

Old 02-08-13, 10:51 AM   #2
Inactive User

Cool

Thanks bud. Gonna try it now. If howevr sumone takea off the wrong pipe. Will pumping the brake with engine runnin and drivn alowly not tell the driver thers no brakes?

Stick this
Old 02-08-13, 12:40 PM   #3
Inactive User

Will it be much different on the 110 model Gibbo ?
307Burn is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-13, 12:53 PM   #4

Can't say. Jack has already told me that he has a "T" piece on the pipe in question.

But it is feasible that parts will move around to accommodate other features, such as the DPF for example.

Its the same on the 306 forum, there's a thread for doing this on the HDI, but it is meaningless to anyone with the DW8 engine because the layout is totally different.
Old 02-08-13, 01:06 PM   #5
Inactive User

Im on a early shift today, Ill try have a look later on and post results.
307Burn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-13, 07:06 PM   #6

thanks i will have a go tomorrow
Old 02-08-13, 10:05 PM   #7

on 307 there are 3 or 4 control valves on front of engine standing in front of car right (alternator side) top one of the two valves is EGR
Old 03-08-13, 08:20 PM   #8

i did my car today. very straight forward. i used a screw for mine

only thing im asking about is the vaccum thats now being lost out of the hole. is this an issue?

i did my missus 307 too. but found when i left the car to be cold that the pipe was already detatched. it wasnt plugged in any way

how can i tell if her egr valve is stuck open or closed?
Old 05-08-13, 07:59 PM   #9

any ideas guys, the car seems to be hesitating a little at about 2k revs

i have re plugged the pipe back in for now
Old 12-08-13, 02:36 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9120 View Post
any ideas guys, the car seems to be hesitating a little at about 2k revs

i have re plugged the pipe back in for now
like it says in the post mate. try getting a compressor and havin a blow down the pipe. then a suck. connect the pipe also see if its runnin bad because its poped off?

did mine and so far so good. blocked it with a nut. remaped to remove from ecu. iv now put on a blue vacuum pipe from where I took the pipe off and it runs just out of the engine. no reason apart from looks.
car runs better now.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in