Expert van wont go in gear ! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-07, 08:06 PM   #1

Default Expert van wont go in gear !

I have a expert van (2001) and i cant get it to go into gear. With the engine off it will go, but if i start it its solid and no matter how hard i push it wont budge. Any ideas, thanks.
tomo13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-07, 08:45 PM   #2
Peugeot Mod

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo13
I have a expert van (2001) and i cant get it to go into gear. With the engine off it will go, but if i start it its solid and no matter how hard i push it wont budge. Any ideas, thanks.

hi and welcome to the forum

A few things spring to mind faulty clutch,worn synchronizer unit,damaged gear linkage or gear linkage needing adjusted.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-07, 08:57 PM   #3

Sorry not mechanically minded dont understand any of that, the garage im taking it to said, it's the clutch as soon as i told them the problem and they would need to have the gearbox out to do this so looking at about 6 / 7 hours labour. pretty much trying to find out if this is the case, as dont want to get ripped off. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-06-07, 07:46 AM   #4
Peugeot Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo13
Sorry not mechanically minded dont understand any of that, the garage im taking it to said, it's the clutch as soon as i told them the problem and they would need to have the gearbox out to do this so looking at about 6 / 7 hours labour. pretty much trying to find out if this is the case, as dont want to get ripped off. Thanks for the reply.

The problem with this and every other forum is that it is all an educated guess. Most of the time it is far better to see and hear what the problem actually is. Go to a few different garages.time consuming i know but there are good honest mechanics out there, good luck.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-07, 09:34 PM   #5

Thanks mate
Old 07-07-07, 08:33 PM   #6

under your gear selector there are rods that connect to the gearbox selector. these rods are often connected by simple nuta and bolts or maybe pinch bolts. have a look at these and check them for tightness before you go to the dealer. if all appe4ars well, take the car to another garage for an estimate.. It does my head in when garages say things like gearboxes have to come out etc, when really they dont.
dont take the word of one dealer as gospel
naughty lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.