307 ABS PUMP FAULT (52 reg) 2.0 hdi - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Maintenance
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-11, 09:51 PM   #21

HI all,

OMGGGG I have been surfing all night looking at various forums with this ABS fault. I have the same fault and low and behold exactly the same as so many other peoples I have read.

I had no probs with my car until it went into the dealer for a recall with a water ingress fault with the ABS. Then it started with that darn light coming on, its since been to various trips to the garage for various things all relating to the abs sensors. Everytime the darn light comes back on. Ever since it returned I have spent hundreds on it and today i was quoted a further 700 for the same things others have had done and still the fault is not fixed. They said I need new sensors (bearing in mind i have already had new ones last year), wheel bearings, break pads, boot clip and cv joint! Besides a separate issue needing new battery (already had a new one a few years ago) and new starter motor.

I have had my car sorned and put it off road because I cannot afford to have this work done. I am still paying for the darn car.

I have wrote to peugeot but do not expect to get anywhere. I have read many forums and most people after spending a lot of money fixed it by cleaning the rust from the sensor housing and making it shiny, i will be getting that done, bearing in mind this is supposed to have been done at one of it's visits to the garage!! Try this discussion for help Preloved | peugeot 307 automatic abs/esp discussion uk
nosey26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-11, 10:17 PM   #22

Default Darn ABS!!!!!

Hi All,

Approx two years or slightly more ago, I too was a proud 307 HDI, 53 plate. As with everyone else, I had no problems at all until, deh deh dehhhhh. I got the dreaded letter asking me to take it in to the dealers for the ABS water ingress fault.

I picked it up and a few days later, low and behold, knocking, brake pedal judder, intermittent abs fault light, whurring that can hardly be heard. I too rang the peugeot dealer and was told that it is just coincidence and had nothing to do with the recall. I naively believed them and have spent hundreds on various trips to various garages with all things relating to this darn fault. Now I took it to the garage to be looked over ready for MOT, needs 700 with all the types of things as others have tried ie cv joints, brake pads, yet more new sensors!!!!. Grrrrr so fed up. I have asked for a second opinion from another mechanic and am just going to ask him to try and clean out the housing for the sensor again and ask him to align it and see if this works.
Old 20-04-11, 06:50 AM   #23

Default Another ABS Fault

Hi All

53 plate HDI 2.0S

This is my first posting sadly i have been reading everyones problems mine started with intermittent ABS light flashing on and off the passenger airbag saying it was turned off when not even been touched. Then we get the full blown version All the lights on so the dash is now like a christmas tree all lit up with Stop permantly flashing.
When checked out by the local garage it comes up with CODE 1381 which is check wiring at ABS Pump. and also check rear O/S/R wheel sensor. Have redone all the earths aropund the ABS and fitted a new sensor a guess what its still got the same fault.
Not one to be beaten changed the sensor and then found the big brick type fuse behind the main ECU had blown reset everything 1 hour late and about 5 miles and everythings back on rewired theABS ecu with a inline fuse and again 5 miles and a bump in the road sets it off .

Looking inside the ECU there does seem to be a bit of corrosion yet it was supposidly changed my personal feeling is there is a capasitor in there or some other resistor which i cannot see i think when they warm up thats when they break down and fail and causes the short and the fuse to blow

There are some pointers here

Main dealer said it cannot be the ECU Blowing the fuse it carnt happen ( I hate people who say it carnt happen what they mean to say is they have never experianced that happening anything can happen !!!!!!!!)

You do not need to take the bumper off to remove the ECU you can remove it with the bumper on i did might be a bit of a struggle getting the new one back on though not tried that one yet

When you remove the ECU off the ABS the speedo will not work so if you intend to send it off for testing excellent idea if you want to keep the mileage low remember you will have no speedo if you intend to drive the car.
gareththomas likes this.
Hayling 307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-04-11, 08:38 AM   #24

Default Update

Hi there again
I wrote to Peugeot and complained about this "common fault" they say they have not heard of it before!!!! He said the usual that forums miss inform you blah blah blah, I will post my correspondence at a later date for you to read.
I spoke to the dealer and actually he was very helpful and he did really know what he was talking about. It turned out that I did not need new cv joints and in fact no you cannot even have cv joints in a 307 as the whole drive shaft does need to be replaced. So I am glad I looked on a forum because it saved me hundreds!
It Was exactly what everyone was saying had fixed theirs, the corrosion behind the sensors, which I might add was supposed to already have been done by one mechanic!! apparently you really need to make sure it is all chipped off and cleaned properly and the sensors put back correctly. so 144 later at the moment a week on and fingers crossed no sign of any light. Will keep you all posted. I would suggest to everyone Getting that done by someone they trust to really honestly do it, and do it properly as a first port of call. Having said that mine has only been clear for a week which it has been before! Will jeep you posted !
Old 20-04-11, 12:05 PM   #25

Hi Nosey 26 quick question then is if your light is fixed now was the fuse blowing on the abs module ??????? as i can understand a wheel sensor failing and sending a signal fault or 1381 wiring fault and putting the ABS lights on but blowing a fuse i suspect a little more is at stake ???

Hayling 307
Old 20-04-11, 12:07 PM   #26

Hi Dubs have you checked the fuse its a big green one in the engine bay you have to undo the 3 retaining clips covering the 3 block connectors then take the ECU Out and there are some fuses sat there check the green one thats the abs if thats blown possibly you have the same problem as me

Rgds

Hayling 307
Old 20-04-11, 01:22 PM   #27

Default Passenger airbag!!!

Just for the record that is exactly what mine did too, passenger airbag randomly saying airbag switched off although I had not turned it off!
Old 20-04-11, 03:50 PM   #28

Default Abs

Just been into the dealers this car seems to have a bit of ABS Warranty attached to it however when i spoke to the master tech guy after telling him what i had done the only thing that can blow a 30 amp fuse is the abs pump itself as everything else is 7.5amp appantly
Nosey was your fuse blowing and you had to keep replacing it ??????

Hayling 307
Old 20-04-11, 06:23 PM   #29

Default Hi hayling

No that's not one of my many diagnoses, It was just the corrosion.

But who knows bloomin cars
Old 11-06-11, 01:56 PM   #30

Thumbs up peugeot 307 abs fault 10/6/2011

just got my wifes 307 1.6 petrol back from my friends garage with abs fault.Now because its my friends garage he may have took more time with the car than another garage would have. the problem was the rear offside break sensior.BUT ive noticed people have said they have had break discs changed bearings changed and the problem has gone for a while and then came back. but the problem with my wifes car was the abs 30amp fuse which is under the nearside front wing had blown,my friend did the sonsior,cheaked all the wireing around the abs pump for a broken wire NONE found,and its been fine ever since.My friend said the faulty sensior may have caused the abs fuse to blow,and as i said weve had no problem with the car since.hope this helps... phil
silvermerc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.