Peugeot Forums banner

Peugeot 207 Anti pollution fault with a missfire

32K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Deano3 
#1 ·
Hi everyone just bought a 207 and it has a engine warning light on and says anti pollution fault on dash, a few other symtoms are that is sounds like it has a slight missfire and hessitates when accelerate, under the bonnet they have added spade connectors and have obviously been messing around shorting sensers etc, what would cause these symptoms ?

putting on computer tomorro to see exactly what it says but used a little reader today and codes are P0141 and p2237 p, think the p at the end means pending, my work mate thinks should take to peugeot just dont want to spand a fortune anyone had this problem ?

Thanks Dean

#6 ·
I'd say you need a Planet diagnostic from one of the nice members on here, but if the wiring has been mucked about with you won't get an accurate reading.

And to be honest I wouldn't risk damaging my diagnostic equipment on such a car I'm afraid, I don't know how others would feel.

Post up your location and see if someone local to you knows 207s and is willing to try and untangle the mess first.

If you go to Peugeot a diagnostic will be £80 and they'll probably just want to replace the mucked around wiring looms.

#7 ·
the wiring isnt to messy they have just cut 2 wires and fit spade connectors and this makes me think they have been trying to short a sensor etc, someone with no idea what they are doing, but its not all a chopped up mess lol , peugeot might know the common faults thats all and would be able to try sensors etc rather than me just throwing money at it, also i could have bought a older more expensive car and the same could have happened next week, think i will properly connect the wiring before i do anything, is the planet a lot better than a normal obd reader

thanks Dean

#9 ·
will try get a pic later as the car is at work, live in washington inbetween sunderland and newcastle and also near durham, supose i could try the plannet before going to peugeot, just want it sorted but dont want to throw loads of parts at it with no success

Thanks Dean

#10 · (Edited)
suppose i could try the planet before going to peugeot,
Thanks Dean
Planet is what the peugeot dealers will use to diagnose your car....trust me it will cost you alot less if you use a member on here instead of going to peugeot.....just to clarify...they cant tell you much more than a member on here because we all use the same equipment...(or a clone anyway)...:thumb:

Oh and this is what google returned for p0141... http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=NEXT_DTC_P0141

And for p2237- O2 Sensor Positive Current Control Circuit/Open

Sounds to me like you have a problem in your 02 sensors... :)

#12 · (Edited)
ok so i have a update, was looking today whilst at work and found that the 3 wires i was on about come out of the engine ECU, someone has had it open because in the middle plug all the pins are corroded and 3 pins have rotten away so someone has been in the ECU and obviously hardwired the 3 wires and then connected them to harnes as the pins are gone, the rest of the pins look ok but still corrosion, going to try and clear faultas tomorro then unplug the 3 wires one at a time see if they bring any other faults up if they dont maybe they have messed up and not connected correctly but think the problem must lie with the corroded ecu pins somewere, the other 2 plugs are fine btw, can you change the pins on the harness ? also if i require ecu would i need anything else and how much does a 2nd hand one set u back,

also someone was saying maybe the chep obd readers will not clear the fault codes and just needs clearing properly ?

thanks for help david

#13 ·
new update, after cleaning out corrosion i cleared faults and drove it today and no faults, hopefully just the corrosion causing the faults, going to connet the wires that have been put in using solder and heat shrink, also going to put some white grease spay over pins so doesnt corrode again, thanks for help everyone hopefully wont need anymore for now lol

thanks again Dean

#14 ·
light came back on today with fault code p2237 i unplugged the 3 wires one at a time and brought the engine light on apart from one, going to pin 18 in the middle engine ecu any idea if this should put a light on ? anyone near durham i could plug into the planet and get a better idea ? maybe have a quick look and give me a hand,

fault does clear and runs but it did yesterday but came back on this morning

thanks Dean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.